The Director of Finance, as part of the leadership team of CIS, reinforces the culture, values, and professional standards of CIS through interactions with staff, Board members, and external stakeholders, and supports future growth and sustainability. The position provides oversight and coordination of agency accounting, financial reporting, budget management, grant management, financing and investment functions. Works closely with the CEO and the Director of Business Operations to ensure financial management and reporting is accurate and timely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general accounting for the organization, manage the general ledger, track revenues and expenditures for the organization and for restricted grant funding, prepare financial statements and reports, etc.
- Advise CEO and Board Finance & Governance Committee on investments, cash flows, and general financial planning decisions
- Act as a financial controls policy agent
- Work closely with the Director of Business Operations to ensure smooth and efficient processes around accounts payable, payroll, budgeting, departmental expense tracking, etc.
- Oversee insurance management for CIS (D&O, general and professional liability, fidelity bond, hired not owned auto insurance, etc). Review every 2 years.
- Secures competitive pricing/bids as required by financial controls policy and an necessary to make recommendations for major purchases or contractual services
- Work with the CEO to prepare annual operating budget and work with executive team to generate departmental budgets. Monitor progress throughout the fiscal year.
- Prepare monthly allocation plans and code expenses
- Prepare checks & bank deposits for both CIS and CIS Foundation
- Oversee annual preparation for audit and work effectively with audit team
- Attend Board & Executive Committee meetings and present ‘actual to budget’ and financial reports
- Act as a staff liaison and support for the Board’s Finance and Governance committee
- Oversee invoicing to schools and/or districts, the Texas Educational Agency, and some grant funders
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience, experience managing agency budgets, cash flows, and investments, etc.
Certificates and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant REQUIRED
Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint. Proficiency with financial management software, such as Quickbooks, REQUIRED.
- Salary: $70,000
- 5 weeks of school holidays off with pay (Thanksgiving break, winter break, spring break, other)
- 4 additional weeks of flexible vacation time
- 3 weeks of additional PTO (sick, personal days, etc).
- Employer-matched 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (Various plans are 100% employer-paid on behalf of the employee)
- Long and short-term disability coverage
- Life insurance
- Educational reimbursement for continuing education
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact 817-446-5454 x227 for more information.