CitySquare works to fight the causes and effects of poverty through service, advocacy and friendship. To effectively do this, CitySquare operates a multitude of programs around health, housing, hunger and hope initiatives to support neighbors’ needs.
The Director of Outcomes and Evaluation is an experienced evaluator who has designed and led a wide range of evaluation efforts. He/she is responsible for directing and managing all aspects of CitySquare data collection and maintenance, outcomes and metrics, and evaluation activities across all CitySquare programs. This individual will oversee the data and outcomes team, consisting of two data analysts and an outcomes manager. He/She will ensure all necessary data is collected and entered appropriately into databases, assess and create any necessary data collection tools and methods, establish all necessary process and outcome metrics, oversee quality assurance, ensure that metrics are analyzed accurately, and develop reports for designated deadlines. He/she will develop an evaluation framework inclusive of all CitySquare programs and navigate relationships with all program directors. He/She will be proficiently versed in qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis methods and will work with the data and outcomes team to implement an ongoing evaluation across programs. Additionally, he/she will develop and/or refine any and all data processes in place. He/she will work closely with the Chief Program Officer to better inform overall impacts of CitySquare neighbors. He/she will oversee the day-to-day operations of all data related activities for CitySquare.
Education: A Master’s degree or higher in public health, social service related field, sociology, psychology, evaluation, public policy, or other related field
Experience: At least four years experience managing large scale, complex evaluations and projects
- Utilize statistical software, at least four years of significant experience in quantitative analysis skills and knowledge of SPSS, SAS, Stata or other statistical analysis software
- Clean, merge, and restructure large datasets
- Run basic and advanced analysis and assess and test data assumptions in primary and secondary datasets
- Develop data analysis plans given data limitations, higher level analytic skills
- Ability to translate findings for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Conduct evaluation and program impacts by designing evaluation frameworks, identify key performance indicators, utilize qualitative/quantitative data collection, design data collection tools, perform rigorous analysis, integrate plain language approaches
- Understand and implement evaluation designs and approaches, including mixed method models, summative, process and developmental evaluation
- Proficient communication skills, ability to write and produce an evaluation report and communicate with stakeholders at all levels (e.g., Board members, CitySquare neighbors)
- Positive attitude and professional interactions with clients, peers and funded agencies
- Direct experience working with underserved communities and at risk populations
- Being flexible and having the ability to anticipate challenges and identify appropriate solutions
- Ability to manage and lead the data and outcomes team
- Experience with databases, specifically Efforts to Outcomes (ETO)
- Proficient in developing deliverables, that include PPT decks and reports
Additional Requirements: Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office. Ability to work flexible hours as needed. Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of vehicle liability insurance, and reliable transportation. Must be able to travel as needed.
This section describes the primary responsibilities of an employee in this position. Please note: The primary responsibilities of this position are not limited to this list.
- Direct and lead the daily operations of the CitySquare data and outcomes team
- Work closely with the CitySquare Chief Programs Officer to set the evaluation framework and ongoing direction for CitySquare outcomes
- Ensure data is accurate and sound through quality assurance processes and procedures
- Develop and implement a CitySquare wide evaluation
- Ensure all programs have necessary data collection tools in place for all data collection needs
- Serve as an advocate across programs to utilize the data and outcomes team for all data needs
- Develop presentable decks, reports, products and deliverables on CitySquare outcomes
- Communicate and present data and outcomes as necessary
- Any other tasks assigned