Join Our Team and Make a Lasting Impact on Young Lives at Vogel!
Are you ready to create a meaningful difference in the lives of young children using your fundraising and development skills? Vogel, a leading provider of quality early childhood programming, is searching for a dedicated Director of Development to complete our compassionate and driven development team.
As our Director of Development, will identify, engage, cultivate, solicit, and steward gifts from current and prospective individual and corporate donors. He/she will be responsible for the strategic creation and implementation of communication and outreach to current and prospective donors. This position will work closely with the Chief Development officer and collaborate on fundraising initiatives. This individual must be able to work independently as well as work closely with the other members of the Development Team.
What we do
Vogel is a well-established nonprofit organization located in Dallas with a history spanning over 36 years. Our core mission is centered around providing exceptional care and early childhood education for young children from homeless and domestic abuse shelters, all within our NAEYC accredited childcare facility. Our innovative approach works to support both children and their parents through a two-generation strategy, offering resources that set families on a path towards a brighter future.
What you’ll do
- Develop, lead, and manage effective strategies for obtaining donations that advance the organizational goals and priorities and contribute to financial sustainability in collaboration with Chief Development Officer.
- Model a growth and results-driven mindset by proactively measuring and reporting on progress against clear goals, assessing efficiency and productivity, and sparking learning and improvement.
- Actively cultivate, solicit, and steward a personal portfolio of donors and prospects from corporate and individual sources in collaboration with Chief Development Officer in both Dallas and Collin Counties.
- Manage relationships with donors and ensure they feel valued and engaged with the organization. Lead new donor outreach of individual donors.
- Responsible for the execution of the North Texas Giving Day strategy.
- Manage the Flight (monthly donor program) including recruitment, stewardship, and lapsed monthly donors.
- Collaborate with CDO on the solicitation and stewardship of donors into the Community Heroes program.
- Collaborate with CDO on solicitation of sponsors for Arts Event (new and renewal).
- Manage strategic direction of Fall, Winter, and Spring campaigns to new and renewal donors. Work closely with Marketing Strategist on creative projects.
- Identify and build relationships with high-impact community leaders, businesses, media, and prospective donors. Represent Vogel at events and speaking opportunities within the community.
- Lead, manage, and model best processes and systems to support stewardship throughout the donor life. Responsible for direct stewardship of donors $1,500 and under.
- Manage and solicit lapsed donors $1,500 and under.
- Accurately forecast and close gifts to ensure revenue goals are met.
- Identify and oversee resources to write case statements, individual and sponsorship proposals, and other documents as necessary to support ongoing fundraising activities.
- Responsible for the writing and editing of all fundraising communications, donor solicitations, newsletters with team members.
- Work collaboratively with Development team members including CDO and Marketing Specialist.
What will make you successful in this role (skills)
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree is highly desirable.
- Progressively responsible fundraising experience, including a minimum of 5 years in a senior role and 7 years of successful track record of attracting and closing gifts.
- Proven track record of partnering with high-level boards of directors.
- Demonstrated passion for the Vogel mission and vision.
- Ability to think and act strategically; understand the role of individual, corporate, and foundation donors in contemporary philanthropy.
- Demonstrated competency in marketing communications, and brand management.
- Exceptional skills in writing and content creation; demonstrated ability to present complex information in a clear, compelling, and concise manner.
- Experience in public relations and relationships management with DFW media, highly desirable.
- Ability to build and foster collaborative relationships with other departments withing the organization to stay informed and abreast of new and evolving work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to lead strategic planning, manage team execution against measurable goals and objectives, and develop and manage budgets.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines withing a fast-paced environment with competing demands.
- Strong leadership and supervision skills; Ability to motivate, organize, and retain staff; ability to foster talent development, growth, learning and improving.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- Tuition reimbursement
Vogel is dedicated to providing top-notch early childhood programming for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years, as well as their families, who have been affected by the traumatic effects of homelessness. By joining our team, you can play a pivotal role in positively impacting these children's lives during their crucial formative years. Together, we have the power to change their lives forever.
Did this post spark something in you? Apply now and embark on a fulfilling journey with us!
Vogel offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time and regular part-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history to email@example.com.