Director of Development – Full Time Position
Key Center for Learning Differences
Fort Worth, Texas
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of the fundraising for the Key Center for Learning Differences including, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with the Executive Director the Key Capital Campaign Team, and the Key Center Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
• Must embrace the mission of the Key Center for Learning Differences.
• Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
• Must be a person of unquestioned honesty and integrity.
• Energetic, enthusiastic, industrious, and result’s oriented.
• A warm and caring individual who is open and approachable.
• Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
• Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
• Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
• Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
• Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
• Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
• A background that includes hiring, retaining and managing staff through growth and change.
• A history of building and sustaining volunteer support.
• Ideally, experience with overseeing the development of marketing materials.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in a business, communications or liberal arts related field.
• Minimum of three to five years in a development management role, experience in major gift fundraising, demonstrated track record in designing strategy and managing a development program.
• Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
• Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
• Coordinates scheduling of all fundraising cultivation and solicitation calls on individuals, foundations and corporations with direct interaction between the Executive Director.
• Coordinate and oversee grant writing including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements for general operating and capital campaign needs.
• Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
• Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
• Prepare letters, proposals and all written support for pre-solicitation, solicitation and follow up documents necessary to complete a prospect solicitation.
• Coordinate fundraising special events.
• Direct employee fundraising drives.
• Oversee prospect research.
• Work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors with development and implementation of the organization’s development plan to help reach fundraising goals.
• Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the Key Center for Learning Differences with the community.
• Plan and organize Board Development Committee meetings.
• Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
• Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
• Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
• Maintain gift recognition programs.
• Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
• Perform other related duties as requested by the Executive Director.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
E-mail resume to Kerri Benson, Executive Director, at email@example.com