About Just Say YES:
Just Say YES – Youth Equipped to Succeed is a (501) (c)(3) non-profit organization located in Richardson, Texas. JSY strives to empower students to say YES to their dreams and goals, and NO to risk behaviors such as: drugs, alcohol, unhealthy relationships and bullying. For 16years, Just Say YES has provided dynamic speakers, peer-to-peer mentoring and other resources to students, educators and parents across the nation.
For more information, please visit:
www.JustSayYES.org or www.Facebook.com/YouthEquippedtoSucceed
JSY is looking for a dynamic individual to join our growing team!
Job Description: Director of Development
Reporting to the President, the Director of Development will be responsible for developing and implementing the fundraising strategy needed to support the mission of JSY. They will engage and cultivate relationships with major donors and corporations to fund ongoing programs and activities that JSY provides. This includes leveraging key relationships and contacts within and outside of the current Just Say YES network of support. Donor development will be done with the support of the President.
- In coordination with the President, create and implement: an annual fundraising plan, support strategies and a corresponding timeline.
- Personally lead and manage the development efforts and campaigns.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporations, foundations, and individual donors.
- Leverage JSY’s participation in four main funding sources:
- North Texas Giving Day
- JSY Annual Celebration – evening fundraiser
- Monthly donors
- Yearend Giving Campaign
- Develop and grow our individual donor base; increase number of monthly donors and corporate sponsors; cultivate major gifts.
- Work in conjunction with President to continue and expand the JSY Board of Directors engagement.
- Attend board meetings as a non-voting participant.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of development experience with non-profit organization
- Successful track record of soliciting major gifts
- Past experience in achieving revenue targets and quotas
- Proven relational and leadership capabilities
- High energy, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork capacity, attention to detail, effective organizational skills and a strong degree of initiative.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with Donor Perfect is a plus
- Adheres to the AFP Donor Bill of Rights
Please send cover letter and resume WITH salary requirements to email@example.com