To Be Like Me (www.tobelikeme.org) is a Dallas based nonprofit that helps to build inclusive communities through personal interactions and connections with people who live with disabilities (LEADers: Leaders in Education and Advocacy for Disabilities). The mission of To Be Like Me is to break down the barriers that exist for those with disabilities, shed light on the positive impact of inclusion, ignite compassion, and foster awareness of the unique abilities of others.
To Be Like Me is currently seeking a motivated, passionate, dynamic individual to join our team as a part time Director of Development. This position will be responsible for To Be Like Me fundraising, development, and community outreach initiatives. The Director of Development works closely with the Grant Writer, Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Director of Education and Programming, so it is important that this individual is a strong team-player with excellent communication skills.
Responsibilities of the Director of Development include:
- Plans, manages, evaluates To Be Like Me fundraising campaigns and activities
- Manages and collaborates with Grant Writer to identify prospective donors and grant applications
- Stays on top of fundraising trends and the nonprofit community
- Communicates with To Be Like Me donors and staff in a timely fashion via email, phone, social media, and airmail
- Develops and implements a plan to thank and regularly communicate with donors
- Uses prospect research tools and a donor database to build donor relationships
- Helps to create solicitation materials for the To Be Like Me fundraising team
- Works closely with the Executive Director, Director of Education & Programming, and Board of Directors for strategic decision making on the overall direction of finances
- Works with the Treasurer and Executive Director to understand the Annual Budget
- Promotes interest and provides information regarding To Be Like Me programs to community leaders, community service groups, local congregations, media, and the general public
- Handles all work related to To Be Like Me financial affairs with integrity, accuracy, transparency, and timeliness
- Remains apprised of legal and ethical requirements for the position
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Founder and Executive Director, Hollis Owens at Hollis@tobelikeme.org. In addition, please complete the Director of Development Application.