Rainbow Days, a Dallas-based nonprofit whose mission is to help children and youth in adversity build coping skills and resilience to create positive futures.
Rainbow Days is currently seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as the Director of Development to increase major donor support and advance on-going fundraising strategies. This position will be responsible for providing strategic direction and advancement of all of Rainbow Days fundraising efforts. Rainbow Days has a team-based approach in all that we do, including development. The Director of Development will work in partnership with and oversight of three talented full-time professionals who oversee: Volunteers & Events; Communications; and Administration. Please see details in the job description below.
TITLE: Director of Development
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing and directing all of Rainbow Days’ fundraising efforts with a focus on individual giving, major gifts, corporate & foundation relations, planned giving and other initiatives. The Director of Development works closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the Board of Directors and talented team members in all development and fundraising efforts.
- Grow major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of existing and new major donors.
- Meet with prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish strong relationships and effective communications with donors.
- Make public appearances and accept speaking engagements to share information about Rainbow Days with the community.
- Direct several annual fundraising drives, including North Texas Giving Day, holiday mail campaign and event e-appeals.
- Work closely with Rainbow Days’ CEO and Board of Directors to develop and execute the annual Resource Development plan.
- Work closely with the Events & Volunteer Manager to grow our Sponsorships and to ensure a successful annual fundraising event, the Pot of Gold Luncheon.
- Work closely with the Resource Development Coordinator to direct, assist with and grow our Communications, Public Relations & Social Media Strategies.
- Work closely with the external Grantwriting team to direct, assist with and grow our Corporate & Private Foundation Grantwriting, Reporting and Relationships.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking system, Bloomerang.
- Supervise and collaborate with all fundraising staff and program staff as needed to achieve development goals and objectives.
- Oversee creation of publications and online presence that supports fundraising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Must embrace the mission of Rainbow Days.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in successful fundraising techniques, particularly with major gift development.
- Dynamic public speaking ability.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- A desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a self-starter and goal-driven individual to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit follow through on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Be flexible and have the ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 7 years experience in professional fundraising.
- CFRE preferred, but not required.
EVALUATED BY: CEO
HOURS: Full Time (40 hours per week)
LOCAL TRAVEL: Local travel limited to the Dallas area, as needed for various events or meetings. The Director of Development will be reimbursed for his/her local travel at a rate of $.50 per mile up to the maximum monthly mileage allowance. Approved out-of-town travel for RDI purposes will be fully reimbursed.
OUT- OF-TOWN TRAVEL: 0%
SALARY RANGE: $72,000 - $92,000 annual salary plus opportunity for bonus
8150 N. Central Expressway, Suite M1003 Dallas, TX 75206
www.RainbowDays.org | 214.887.0726 | @RainbowDaysInc