All children deserve a safe and loving forever home, free from abuse or neglect. CASA of Collin County promotes and protects the best interests of children who have been abused or neglected by training volunteer advocates to improve the child’s quality of life and serve as their voice within the court system to ensure they are placed in a permanent and loving home.
The Development Director will report to the Executive Director, and will be responsible for fundraising and marketing activities, building visibility, impact, and financial resources. They will cultivate individual and philanthropic support by establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow to a $2M budget through the solicitation of major gifts, federal, state and county grants, special events, and corporate and foundation support. This individual will expand and diversify CASA’s donor base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. In addition, the individual will work closely with the Board of Directors and support board members as they take on a more active fundraising role, strengthening the organization's overall fundraising capacity.
- Grow major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of existing and new major donors.
- Meet with prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish strong relationships and effective communications with them.
- Make public appearances and accept speaking engagements to share information about CASA of Collin County with the community.
- Direct annual fundraising drives, including Child Abuse Prevention Month, North Texas Giving Day, and holiday campaign.
- Develop, implement and manage fundraising strategies for the annual development plan, including budgets, goals, and objectives.
- Supervise and mentor the Marketing and Events Manager and Development Coordinator.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Events Manager to grow our Sponsorships and to ensure a successful annual gala fundraising event.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities and act alongside Executive Director as the Public Relations lead for CASA of Collin County.
- Work closely with the Development Coordinator to assist with and grow our foundation relationships, grant-writing efforts, and community outreach.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking system, Donor Perfect.
- Supervise and collaborate with all fundraising staff and program staff as needed to achieve development goals and objectives.
- Oversee creation of publications and online presence that supports fundraising activities.
- Create and maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Understanding and commitment to CASA’s mission, vision, and values
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of five years’ experience in professional fundraising.
- Experience managing and supervising staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in successful fundraising techniques, particularly with major gift development.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Exceptional communication skills including writing, speaking, and meeting facilitation.
- A desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a self-starter and goal-driven individual to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit follow through on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Be flexible and have the ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
This is a full-time salaried position with plus benefits. Salary competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
CASA of Collin County provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a Vietnam-era or disabled veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. CASA of Collin County complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations and ordinances prohibiting employment discrimination.
Please email resume with cover letter and salary requirements to Tricia Clifton, Executive Director, at email@example.com. No phone calls.