Director of Development – The Center for American and International Law (CAIL)
This position is designed for someone who is passionate about the justice system and wants to lead our effort to raise funds to support educational programs for lawyers and law enforcement officials in the U.S. and abroad.
The Center for American and International Law is a non-profit educational provider. We advance the administration of justice by educating and inspiring communities of lawyers and law enforcement professionals around the world. Our vision is to support fair and just legal systems reflecting the rule of law, and our programs have attracted participants from across the U.S. and 130 countries.
The Director will work with CAIL’s President, Board of Trustees and Development Committee in developing, planning, and implementing a strategic approach to fundraising for the organization, its central programs, and its five educational institutes. This comprehensive approach should include major donor gifts, planned giving, corporate and law firm giving, sponsorships to the extent not handled by the leadership of individual institutes, and in-kind donations. The focus will be on both new donor relationships and existing donors. The Director will also assist in the encouragement and monitoring of expected support from CAIL Trustees and others.
The Director of Development will report to the President and will assist in supervising CAIL’s Sponsorship Coordinator. He or she should be a strong leader who understands and is committed to the mission and vision of CAIL, embraces CAIL’s values, and can compellingly articulate CAIL’s mission to donors and prospects.
- Experience and knowledge relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the position, including development concepts, methodologies and techniques.
- Experience meeting annual fundraising goals utilizing multiple fundraising strategies and methods; strong analytical skills.
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communication skills.
- Excellent managerial skills and the ability to foster teamwork.
- Experience in individual donor development and major gift solicitation.
- Experience in fundraising for an institution of higher education, or similar experience.
- Experience working with the legal and/or law enforcement communities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. CFRE is not required, though desirable. A law degree is not required, though desirable.
Compensation: Annual compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please submit a resume, references and cover letter via email to email@example.com.