Director of Development
Journey of Hope Grief Support Center is a nonprofit organization dedicated to renewing hope, fostering healing, and developing resilience in the hearts of children grieving the death of a loved one. We provide a positive and supportive work environment, where compassion and work-life balance are highly valued and respected. If you possess the following qualifications and want to make a meaningful difference in the lives of those we serve, we encourage you to apply.
The Director of Development will head our ongoing fundraising needs. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this professional must have an established background in coordinating nonprofit donation strategies and staff/volunteer leadership.
This full-time role involves organizing fundraising initiatives, working with board members, managing and building relationships with donors, staff, and volunteers. The Director of Development will also help to develop and implement major giving and planned giving fundraising strategies as well as special events.
Our ideal candidate will be a passionate, driven, outgoing relationship builder that is responsible for all partnerships and fundraising related to the organization.
- Strategy: Develops and executes ongoing strategy for qualifying prospects and moving them to prospect status using tools such as small cultivation events, research, and community networking, with a goal of 30% of the portfolio having been identified by the Development Director. Works collaboratively with staff to create customized solicitation strategies matching the objectives of the organization and interests of the donor/prospect.
- Fundraising Targets and Portfolio Management: Manages a portfolio of donors and prospects. Responsible for minimum annual fundraising goal including both renewable gifts and new incremental revenue. Personally solicits assigned donor portfolio, including preparation of personalized materials when needed. Responsible for meeting an annual revenue target by working with donors and prospects to advance the mission of the organization and assist donors in creating meaning in their lives through giving to Journey of Hope.
- Prospect and Relationship Development: Works with community, board members, and other leadership volunteers to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward appropriate donors. Identifies potential planned giving prospects among donors and works with staff and board members to solicit those prospects. Updates donor records in donor database following donor contacts.
- Relationship Development: Develops ongoing relationships with major donors. Accountable for cultivating relationships for individual fundraising and organizational fundraising.
- Foundation and Corporate Giving: Responsible for researching, writing, and presenting grant proposals for foundations, cities, and corporations.
Minimum 5 years of fund development experience, preferably with nonprofit organizations related to children or mental health. Corporate and/or Business-to-Business sales leadership experience may be substituted for fundraising experience.
- Significant expertise and understanding of the North Texas funding community highly desirable.
- Progressive experience in successful development programs and knowledge of “best practices” in development.
- Familiarity with CRM nonprofit software, donor databases, and other fundraising technology to use in daily job duties; fluent in MS Office suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree is highly desirable.
Applications will be accepted through March 15th and early submissions are encouraged. Please send resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org