Recovery Resource Council a Joint Commission Accredited sixty-two year-old 8-million-dollar non-profit that is seeking a highly motivated, effective, experienced and proven successful fundraiser for the position of Director of Development.
Job Description Overview –-The Director of Development will focus on expanding the existing development program in the North Texas 19 county region. The successful candidate will implement strategies for substantial development revenue growth by cultivating; major gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations. The primary objective of the position is to develop long-term relationships built on firm understanding of donors’ interests, passions and values, Research individual, corporate, and foundation prospects in DFW/North Texas region, Texas and nationwide. Implement current practices to build funding relationships with those who support the mission of the Council.
- Identify and continuously update comprehensive prospect list for individual donors, foundations and corporations. Make initial introductions with prospects and perform research through internet, phone, and in person opportunities.
- Develop a strong fund-raising team where each member is free to leverage their skills while at the same time being held accountable to their quarterly performance objectives.
- Establish and attain measurable annual goals for each development fundraising component in collaboration with appropriate staff, consultants and Board of Directors.
- Provide leadership and engage the Development Committee of the Board to help attain annual goals.
- Work to cultivate new sources of support with an emphasis on individual giving, including major and planned gifts.
- Cultivate and solicit individual donors for support.
- Write grants, introductory letters, sponsorship letters, and other solicitations for funding.
- Provide supervision to both the Grants writer and the Marketing & Events Coordinator, develop and implement three (3) signature events to build relationships and cultivate prospective individual donors.
- Develop and enhance Recovery Resource Council’s relationships with key constituencies via networking, public speaking, and other relationship-building activities.
Abilities, Skills and Qualifications
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising with successful track record of raising funds from individuals, corporations and foundations
- Demonstrated record of attracting and securing significant gifts from donors
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Substantial experience designing and implementing comprehensive fundraising plans for a variety of funding streams including major gifts, corporate, foundation and annual giving
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage staff and Board in solicitation and cultivation activities
- Experience in and extensive knowledge of the North Texas philanthropy community preferred
- Demonstrated ability to influence and engage diverse audiences and to build long-term relationships, including experience leveraging executive-level staff and volunteers to achieve fundraising success
- Past experience with sales and marketing a plus
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments
- Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree (BA), Master’s Degree a plus.
- email resumes to email@example.com