Faith in Texas seeks an experienced development professional for a high-impact, self-motivated position on our team. The Director of Development works in partnership with the Executive Director to secure and grow revenue from individuals, foundations, corporations, and member institutions toward a $1.5 million-plus budget.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a broad background in all aspects of development as well as experience building a grassroots pipeline of donors.
- Is committed to social justice.
- Is driven to develop new and innovative fundraising opportunities to meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Has a strong work ethic and excellent time management.
- Is flexible and a self-starter that is able to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented.
Location: Dallas, TX
Hours: 40 hours per week (some evening and weekend hours required)
- A Bachelor’s degree, or some college experience with extensive relevant work experience.
- Strong writing skills and mastery of major gifts and individual fundraising.
- 3-5 years of experience in development, nonprofit management, or community organizing.
- Passion for the mission of Faith in Texas and for long-term, systemic change.
- Familiarity with North Texas’ funding networks and, preferably, working with faith communities.
- Ability to communicate the values of faith-rooted organizing for economic, racial and social justice.
- Cultural competency with our supporter base, which is racially, economically, culturally, and religiously diverse.
- Knowledge of online donor management (CRM) and prospect research systems.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Experience identifying, cultivating, soliciting and securing individual gifts of $1,000 plus and sponsorships of $5,000 and more.
- A high level of consciousness around race, class, and interfaith language.
- A high degree of grant writing experience with a record of significant results.
Planning and Strategy
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Implement the fund development plans in accordance with ethical fundraising principles.
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities and timelines to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors, and support staff and Executive Director in cultivating and soliciting donors.
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Manage staff, board, and development committee members and volunteers’ portfolios of major donors and prospects.
- Coordinate a process to identify and develop individual donor prospects.
- Coordinate communication and stewardship processes to further build relationships with and engage individual donors.
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan.
- Manage the grants calendar and ensure that all reporting requirements and proposal/application submission deadlines are met.
- Oversee FiTX’s grant submissions either by writing proposals/reports or working with staff to write and edit them.
- Maintain relationships with key program officers at foundations and member institutions
- Conduct foundation prospect research and secure initial meetings with potential program officers.
- Produce bi-monthly, donor-targeted e-newsletter.
- Manage the development and production of fundraising-related collateral.
- Maintain donor records for accurate reporting, mailing lists, and targeted communication.
- Create customized reports from Salsa CRM to track and analyze fundraising activities.
- Oversee gift processing, including data entry, and writing, producing and mailing acknowledgment letters.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is competitive and based on past experience. Compensation includes health insurance, retirement, mileage, and monthly reimbursement for cellphones.
Applications close: Friday, October 18, 2019
Email your resume and cover letter attn to Akilah Wallace, Executive Director, to email@example.com for consideration.