Director of Communications
Presbyterian Night Shelter is known for serving the homeless in greatest need: those who have no other places to go. Those who present the greatest challenge to our community are welcome here. As the largest homeless shelter in Tarrant County, we serve approximately 1,000 men, women and children each night.
Presbyterian Night Shelter staff members strive with mutual respect and compassion to serve with integrity, taking responsibility for our actions to foster hope in the journey from homeless to home.
The Director of Communications is responsible for organizational communications and marketing, special event execution and community relations. This position is an integral part of the Resource Development team, coordinating fundraising activities as needed and managing and stewarding a portfolio of donors and prospects.
Works with Vice President of Resource Development to create and execute annual and long term communications/marketing/public relations plan to meet strategic objectives.
- Manages the organization’s brand with the goal of providing consistent and clear messaging with adherence to standards.
- Develops concepts for organizational communications including print, web, social media and other channels working with designers and photographers as directed.
- Plans and manages special events including Holiday Gala, Volunteer Appreciation and other events.
- Provides assistance to Director of Resource Development in the management of Worth Honoring.
- Creates and manages social media and website including all content and tracks and manages traffic with the goal of deeper organizational engagement.
- Supervises direct mail acquisition including creating collateral, tracking responses and converting new donors to repeating donors.
- Produces quarterly Open Door magazine as well as monthly e-newsletter including writing content, editing and managing design.
- Sources and writes client stories from Shelter employees to be used in communications and marketing material.
- Serves as primary point of contact for media inquiries, directing those inquiries to the appropriate senior staff member, and creates press releases.
- Implement stewardship plan for portfolio of donors and prospects using multiple vehicles such as direct mail, social media, and email newsletters, coordinating with RD team and master communications schedule.
- Responds to constituent requests for information, messages on social media, and returns inquiry phone calls.
- Represents Presbyterian Night Shelter at community events including United Way, volunteer fairs, and civic clubs. Leads tours of facilities to interested constituents.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in event planning, fundraising, marketing and communications and/or equivalent experience or training.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Excellent written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals. Strong editing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal communication skills. Strong persuasive speaker.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task and complete numerous projects simultaneously, meet deadlines with attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven skills managing media.
- Strong knowledge of website and social media management.
- Ability to monitor and meet income goals
- Ability to embrace and affirm the mission of the Presbyterian Night Shelter.
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits, if interested in this position please send your resume with a cover letter, writing sample and salary requirements by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Inquiries without writing sample or salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Presbyterian Night Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer