Founded in 1983, Austin Street Center is an emergency shelter that serves men, ages 45 and older, and women, ages 18 and older, in Dallas, Texas. Austin Street Center’s mission is to provide safe shelter and meet the basic needs of the most vulnerable homeless, furthered by its vision to end homelessness one client at a time.
With a strong foundation and years of steady growth, Austin Street Center seeks a Director of Advancement to position the organization for continued and sustained growth, including an endowment and capital campaign, and lead a high-performing team. With the guidance of Executive Director Daniel Roby, the Director of Advancement will direct the implementation of fund development, community engagement, marketing, and volunteer management on behalf of Austin Street Center.
The Director of Advancement will manage a personal donor portfolio; develop a strategy to diversify Austin Street’s donor base while retaining its current donors; build a culture of philanthropy that maximizes its many volunteer and event opportunities; and shift the community’s paradigm on homelessness through awareness and education. This senior position requires a goal-oriented, results-driven individual who adeptly interacts with the organization’s leadership to determine and accomplish annual objectives.
Successful candidates will possess the following education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Five or more years of demonstrated success in professional fundraising, with comprehensive fundraising efforts, including annual and major giving programs, fundraising events, and grants
- Experience leading, managing, and empowering a high-performing team
- Knowledge of and experience with the North Texas philanthropic community strongly preferred
- Experience working with a capital campaign consultant a bonus but not required
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and Donor Databases, preferred Raiser’s Edge
Victory Search Group (VSG) has the privilege of leading the recruitment of the Director of Advancement for Austin Street Center. VSG is a senior level retained executive search firm serving a select group of clients, including nonprofit and educational organizations, from five offices across the United States. Highly collaborative and focused on customer service for more than 15 years, Victory Search Group prizes our partnership with clients and their trust in our judgment, integrity, and responsiveness.
Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com