The Director, Human Resources develops, maintains and administers effective and efficient programs, policies and procedures to maximize human capital at GSNETX and leads the HR and Staff Learning/Development team of 2.5 employees. This role manages recruiting, employee relations, organizational development, performance management, compensation and benefits, workplace culture, employee diversity/inclusion initiatives, AmeriCorps and other staffing programs and HRIS administration to help maximize employee productivity.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of all employee information, data, and records.
- Participates in key meetings and assists in the development of strategic plans and objectives for the business.
- Identifies and assesses employee engagement, organizational performance, workplace culture development and diversity/inclusion initiatives.
- Coordinates succession planning, compensation analysis and leadership development strategies.
- Responsible for strategic planning to maximize human capital, employee recruitment and employee retention.
- Directs and manages staffing, performance management, budgeting, and change management for the HR and staff L&D team.
- Advises and coaches all levels of management in development of their staff.
- Conducts employee dispute resolutions and employee relations matters, as needed.
- Works with senior leaders to send clear and consistent messages, designs programs that drive change, attracts appropriate talent, and establishes effective and trusted relationships with others.
- Ensures execution of effective on-boarding program(s).
- Coordinates initial and annual benefits renewal enrollment.
- Administrator of PayCom HRIS and related PayCom programs.
- Keeps abreast of and ensures compliance with new employment legislation & regulations.
- Works with GSNETX representatives and counsel regarding Texas Workforce Commission unemployment hearings and workers’ compensation issues as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating job descriptions.
- Leads the Board Human Resources and staff 403b plan committees.
- Supervises AmeriCorps program recruitment and compliance for members, programs and metrics as indicated within the AmeriCorps Member Service Agreement and per the AmeriCorps members position descriptions. Must complete performance evaluations as applicable for AmeriCorps members.
- Provides guidance to the staff led employee engagement committee.
- Coordinates MERP plan administration and review of claims.
- Must be able to travel within established geographic areas and council service centers, as necessary.
- Must have reliable transportation, hold a valid drivers’ license and meet GSNETX driving record & automobile insurance requirements.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Strategic Planning
- Managing and Leading People
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Planning and Organizing
- Achieves Results
- Customer Focus
JOB REQUIREMENTS - Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Human Resources or related field or equivalent combination of coursework in Professional Development Training field & actual work experience.
- SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification required.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in Human Resources, with at least 3 years in an HR management role.
Familiarity with PayCom or similar HRIS/payroll systems.
- Strong knowledge of HR practices, including EEO, Employment, Wage and Hour laws, and labor laws.
- Broad HR generalist background with working knowledge of employment, compensation, organizational planning and structure, employee relations, diversity/inclusion and talent management.
- Proven problem solving skills and experience delivering innovative solutions.
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven ability to make effective presentations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Demonstrate and promote a climate of courtesy, respect and professionalism to coworkers, volunteers, vendors and others with whom her/his job puts her/him in contact.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Adheres to the GSNETX’s equal opportunity and non-discrimination policies, which ensure that there will be no discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, creed, national origin, socioeconomic status, disability, or age.
- Must hold membership in the Girl Scout organization and subscribe to the tenets of the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
- Attendance is an essential job requirement defined as having regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance including the ability to work regular hours and shifts, before and after hours, and on weekends, when required.
- Must complete and pass a criminal background check.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, work in an office environment, work in a seated position, and work with computers.
The employee must be able to drive and have a valid driver’s license. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHR or SPHR certification required.
Interested candidates should click here for a more detailed job description and to apply. No phone calls please, EOE.