KERA, the PBS and NPR affiliate of North Texas, is a not-for-profit public media organization reaching the fourth-largest population area in the United States through KERA TV, KERA 90.1 FM and music station KXT 91.7. For 60 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a vibrant destination for community engagement and lifelong learning. KERA produces original multimedia content, carries the best in national and international public television and radio programs, and provides online resources at a constellation of websites, including kera.org, keranews.org, kxt.org and artandseek.org. As we seek to recognize and reflect the increasing diversity among our audiences, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives to consider employment opportunities at KERA.
The Digital Fundraising Director will launch a new digital fundraising team to significantly grow membership and revenue. Serving as the leader of a new team within the Membership department, the Director will work with the VP of Membership to establish a comprehensive digital fundraising strategy to drive support through existing and emerging digital platforms.
The successful candidate will be an expert in various areas of digital fundraising, including communications; mobile and social promotion and engagement; and the use of analytics to measure success and achieve ambitious revenue targets. The Director will lead a three-person digital fundraising team focused on building new revenue streams through creative and innovative outreach among diverse audiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Launch and lead digital fundraising and engagement strategies to acquire, renew and retain members.
- Collaborate nationally with PBS and NPR for emerging digital platforms and ideas.
- Implement best practices for digital fundraising execution that match the quality and integrity of our programming and journalism.
- Strategize and oversee creation and execution of online cultivation, stewardship and engagement communications, as well as direct solicitations, particularly among new, young and diverse audiences.
- Develop and manage e-communications, landing pages, tools and graphics for online fundraising activities.
- Coordinate with other members of the Membership department on omni-channel fundraising campaigns, ensuring the creation and delivery of strategic support messaging is consistent across all platforms (snail mail, on air, social media).
- Research and implement Peer-to-Peer fundraising initiatives and collaborate on Giving Day campaigns.
- Work within an existing brand voice, both in visual representation and editorial style, in order to support the consistency of messaging across campaigns and the organization.
- Develop and test new initiatives and innovative concepts for public media fundraising.
- Oversee online communications strategy and timelines to ensure the timely creation, production and delivery of compelling station email membership communications and initiatives.
- Liaise with Digital and Marketing departments on management of fundraising tools on website and social media engagement and serve as digital content leader for Membership department.
- Liaise with external strategy and software partners to manage execution of online fundraising best practices.
- Stay abreast of industry best-practices, within public media, among nonprofits more broadly and in the commercial sector.
- Maintain meticulous tracking of all digital efforts to assess each effort.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, plus 5+ years of related work in direct-response fundraising.
- Knowledge of and proven ability to develop and implement digital fundraising strategies that drive acquisition, engagement and revenue.
- Experience with building and maintaining donation forms, surveys and other user engagement features, and running reports/interpreting audience analytics.
- Comfort moving between different departments and bridging different goals/strategies within the organization.
- Meticulous organization and an uncanny attention to detail is required.
- Display creativity and initiative; respond quickly to last-minute needs and changing priorities.
- A team player that is detail-oriented, organized, motivated and creative.
- Propensity for innovation and the pursuit of improvement.
- Must have good judgment and the ability to handle confidential matters.
- Enthusiasm for public media with a desire to create and share a solid case for support with staff, donors, viewers and the KERA community as a whole.
- Familiarity with and passion for the mission of Public Broadcasting and the community it serves.
- Experience with CRM products, Tessitura preferred.
- Experience with Photoshop, web design and HTML.
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences and passions. If you don't meet every job qualification but have some of these skills and feel you could be a good fit, we'd like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself.
Reporting to the Vice President of Membership, this position will manage two team members:
- Digital Acquisition Specialist – supports larger strategic initiatives and focuses on digital acquisition.
- Digital Fundraising Coordinator – develops and deploys ongoing sustainer and renewal communications plus other duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume and cover letter and let us know how you found out about this position. Submit this information directly to KERA’s website. Please click here.
North Texas Public Broadcasting (KERA)
is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KERA is committed to equal employment opportunity and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.