The Development Database and Operations Manager will contribute to the fundraising potential of The Senior Source through accurate and effective management of Development department data—most specifically through the prompt entering and acknowledging of contributions and management of the database overall.
This position requires someone who is highly organized and detail oriented, and who understands the larger context in which these details exist. This individual displays integrity, discretion and thoughtfulness in handling confidential and sensitive donor and gift information. S/he is accountable, reliable, open to new ideas and unexpected situations, and is a contributing member of the Development team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities listed below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures the accuracy of records within Raiser’s Edge
- Enters and processes gifts accurately and in timely manner, which includes but is not limited to: credit cards, checks, wire and stock transfers, and matching gifts.
- Enters and updates constituent information
- Generates prompt and accurate acknowledgement letters
- Generates pledge reminders and invoices pertaining to pledges and multi-year gifts
- Maintains an electronic and paper filing system for gift documentation
- Reconciles regularly with the Finance team, making adjustments as needed
- Generates accurate and timely queries, reports, and data exports
- Supports colleagues with problem solving relative to database functions
- Provides general administrative support to Chief Development Officer and others as needed
- Assists fellow team members with large scale fundraising initiatives
- Performs other activities as requested by the Chief Development Officer or the Chief Executive Officer.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Accurate and swift data entry
- Strong written communication skills
- Solid organizational and planning capabilities
- Creativity in problem solving
- Discretion and thoughtfulness, based on varied interactions with numerous constituencies
- Flexibility in adapting to new ideas and unexpected situations in a deadline driven environment
- 3+ years database management experience: proficiency in Raiser’s Edge required; experience in NXT a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senior Source is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.