Are you ready to join an organization where you can provide proven impact to students and change the trajectory of their lives? Envision all Americans living lives with financial knowledge and freedom. At Junior Achievement of Dallas, we get to work toward that goal every day. Although not always easy, lives are changed.
This is satisfying work that makes a difference in students’ lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifechanging impact and partner with schools, companies, individuals, and others to ensure everyone has access to choices for a financially healthy life.
Junior Achievement of Dallas is committed to diversity, equity and inclusiveness in our employees, board members, volunteers, and the students we serve. We offer our employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Development Manager is responsible for stewarding and building relationships to expand the donor base through prospecting, face-to-face solicitation, grant-writing, and annual campaigns.
Scope: Full-time position
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Identify, approach, and solicit new donors of all types to support JA of Dallas’ mission.
- Sustain and grow revenue resources by cultivating, soliciting, and engaging funders (individuals, corporate, foundations and event sponsorships), personally.
- Develops and delivers funding presentations and proposals at donor meetings, volunteer recruitment and community events.
- Partners with education department to ensure funding is directed towards education priorities.
- Writes grant proposals as needed.
- Responsible for specific accounts.
- Support teammate and departmental goals and objectives.
- Help to create and implement donor stewardship plan for department to maintain effective stewardship to enhance retention of relationships and increase revenue.
- Ensure sponsorship and other promised recognition is delivered as promised for each donor.
- Execute effectively to ensure that JA is creating authentic and connected experiences for every donor.
- Uses a variety of tools including personal visits, phone calls, thank you letters, invitation to JA events, tours, and reports to provide excellent stewardship.
- Continually provide materials and resources to donors.
POSITION SPECIFICATION: (Education, Experience, Certification and Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two or more years of successful fundraising or sales experience.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- High level of initiative to achieve organizational goal and objectives.
- Effective personal interactive, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build and sustain long-term relationships with donors, partners, and community leaders.
- Strong persuasive skills and sense of urgency in achieving goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work with executives at various levels of organizations and presents a professional image.
- Experience in working with volunteers to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated strong customer service, organizational and project management skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products.
- Goal-oriented and passionate about serving students with life-changing curriculum.
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grants and funding proposals and prepare and conduct successful solicitations, presentations, trainings, and meetings.
- Knowledge of constituent software, preferably Blackbaud CRM system.
- Demonstrated ability to design, organize and implement solicitation strategies.
- Marketing and social media experience to promote JA Dallas.
- Knowledge of Dallas Philanthropic and corporate community.
- Bilingual (Spanish-speaking) a plus.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone inquiries; deadline April 30.