Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
The Development Manager is responsible for designing a comprehensive fundraising strategy, alongside the Managing Director and CEO, and engaging the Board of Director’s Development Committee to ensure diversified revenue in support of TexProtects’ strategic vision.
Key responsibilities include:
• Maintaining, growing and managing the organization’s foundation and grant portfolio
• Stewarding existing donors, in conjunction with the Managing Director and CEO
• Managing donor-focused events
• Partnering with Managing Director and CEO to support major gifts efforts
• Managing contractors as needed
• Coordinating CEO, board members, and development committee members to execute various aspects of the development plan
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Influencing and Relationship Building – Inspires action and execution of vision and strategy with board members, funders, and community leaders. Builds trust and positive relations with all internal and external audiences - managers, colleagues, direct reports, board members, volunteers, community partners, and leaders.
• Development Process – Expertise and understanding of the comprehensive fund development process and firsthand experience executing a variety of fundraising strategies.
• Initiative and Decision-Making – Proactively anticipates the organization’s fundraising needs and takes initiative to respond effectively and efficiently. Ability to make executive-level decisions and quickly address issues/concerns with leadership.
• Communication Proficiency – Clear and persuasive communicator - presents information in a structured, balanced, and logical way; tailors communication to the audience; speaks and writes with authority, confidence, and professionalism. Listens to others to ensure the message is understood. Engages in regular, consistent, and meaningful communication; ensures important information is shared with appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
• Data Management – Skill with donor data analytics and ability to efficiently run reports as needed by executive leadership.
Education and Experience:
•Minimum of five years of experience in nonprofit fund development
•Proven results in working with foundations, corporations, and/or individual donors and cultivating donor relationships over time
•CFRE designation desirable
•Grant writing experience strongly preferred
•Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required
For full job profile listing: https://www.texprotects.org/media/uploads/11.15.2021_-_development_manager.pdf
- Please submit a cover letter including salary compensation and resume to Director of Operations, Brandy Lindsey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No phone calls please and applications are accepted until Thursday, December 2, 2021.
- Please insert “Development Manager” in the email subject line.