Are you ready to join an organization where you can provide proven impact to students and change the trajectory of their lives? Envision all Americans living lives with financial knowledge and freedom. At Junior Achievement of Dallas, we get to work toward that goal every day. Although not always easy, lives are changed.
This is satisfying work that makes a difference in students' lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifechanging impact and partner with schools, companies, individuals, and others to ensure everyone has access to choices for a financially healthy life.
Junior Achievement of Dallas is committed to an accessible, inclusive workplace that recognizes diversity and cultural competence as integral components of our mission. We offer a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented, passionate people want to come, to stay and do their best work. Candidates who can contribute to that goal and are passionate about our Mission are encouraged to apply.
TITLE: Development Manager DEPARTMENT: Development
PURPOSE OF POSITION: This position supports the development operation of the area including but not limited to annual corporate giving, grant writing, individual giving, special events, general campaign and special projects. The position develops and executes provides timely and accurate reports to the President and the Chief Development Officer, and other constituents. Develops sponsorship benefits, timetables and marketing collateral, retain and acquire companies and volunteers, secures sponsors and prizes as incentives. Assures the efficient operation and implementation of events.
Scope: Full-time position
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Salary: $45K min. - $55K mid-point
Budgetary Impact: $675,000 Raised
- Identify, approach, and solicit corporate donors to support JA of Dallas’ mission.
- Sustain and grow revenue resources by cultivating, soliciting, and engaging funders (corporate, foundations and event sponsorships), personally.
- Partners with education department to ensure funding is directed towards education priorities.
- Writes grant proposals as needed.
- Manages and stewards specific accounts.
- Support teammate and departmental goals and objectives.
- Create and implement donor stewardship plan for department to maintain effective stewardship to enhance retention of relationships and increase revenue.
- Ensure sponsorship and other promised recognition is delivered as promised for each donor.
- Execute effectively to ensure that JA is creating authentic and connected experiences for every donor.
- Uses a variety of tools including personal visits, phone calls, thank you letters, invitation to JA events, tours, and reports to provide excellent stewardship.
- Continually provide materials and resources to donors.
POSITION SPECIFICATION: Requirements, Desired Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of successful fundraising or sales experience.
- Ability to build and sustain long-term relationships with donors, partners, and community leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- High level of initiative to achieve organizational goal and objectives.
- Strong persuasive skills and sense of urgency in achieving goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work with executives at various levels of organizations
- Experience in working with volunteers to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated strong customer service, organizational and project management skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products, and has the ability to quickly learn new software
- Passionate about serving students with life-changing curriculum
- Nonprofit experience
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grants/funding proposals; prepare and conduct successful solicitations, presentations, trainings, and meetings.
- Knowledge of constituent software, preferably Blackbaud CRM system.
- Knowledge of Dallas Philanthropic and corporate community.
- Bilingual (Spanish-speaking) a plus.
Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter to Tamiko Stenline @ Tstenline@jadallas.org.