Does your heart skip a beat when you experience purpose in your life? Are you energized by discovering and serving the needs of a proud family-oriented community?
Jubilee Park and Community Center is a community revitalization organization in the Southeast/Fair Park area. For the last 23 years we have served the Jubilee neighborhood fulfilling our mission of being a catalyst for comprehensive community revitalization and enrichment by improving lives and strengthening our community. We are seeking a Development Manager who will work with the Chief Advancement Officer and Advancement Coordinator developing external relationships and raising money to meet the revenue goals for general operating and board-approved special projects. The Development Manager reports to the Chief Advancement Officer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage grant calendar deadlines and pipeline, create core narratives, and research funders to tailor requests as needed. Oversee prospect research and evaluate new grant opportunities.
- Strategize with Advancement Coordinator to create appeal goals and reevaluate year-to-year as part of the development plan.
- Manage proposal creation for corporate partners, family foundation, and individual donors, tailoring as needed.
- Oversee the process that keeps program staff apprised of grants received as well as reporting obligations. Work with Data & Quality Assurance Manager as well as program lead to report on program outcomes.
- Work with Chief Advancement Officer to prepare fundraising strategies for the Development Committee and Board of Directors.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of events, appeals, and other fundraising strategies and make changes when appropriate.
- Implement donor relations plan, including in-person meetings, tours, and mailed collateral packets and reports.
- Work with Advancement Coordinator to increase donor retention through creation and oversight of a stewardship plan for first-time donors and existing donors.
- Plan and execute goal-oriented donor events.
- Work with marketing consultant and Advancement Coordinator to help strategize the donor communications calendar and creation of print and digital collateral for donor audience.
Support the Advancement Department in execution of Marketing/Communications plan as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years fundraising experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; grant-writing experience required.
- Knowledge of Dallas corporate/foundation funding community preferred.
- Database management skills required; E-tapestry or Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Spanish-English bilingual preferred.
- Microsoft Office skills required.
- Ability to work proactively on a team as well as independently required.
- Ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities required.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude toward helping others.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org