The Development Operations Coordinator will join the development team to provide operational support for both donor engagement and partnership teams and facilitate lead generation through research on donors and fundraisers. They will namely focus on timely processing of all gratitude and awards, inventory management, project-based work, and general support of the organization’s mission.
- Reviews gratitude reports to send out cards, certificates, and awards
- Prepares, packs, and ships awareness materials to support partners with their campaign needs
- Organizes inventory regularly to assist with tracking partner usage of materials; Inventory includes gratitude cards, certificates, awards, packing kits, writing cards, bundling bracelets, etc.
- Updates calendar year award and gratitude updates, updates award templates (once a year)
- Provides daily reconciliation of donation report with high communication with relevant players
- Assists with partner inbox management through information gathering and connecting potential partners
- Research donors and partners; Reaches out to determine cause connection
- Nurtures fundraising leads through initial inbox contact, active research, relationship building, and re-engaging previous fundraisers
- Sources potential new partnership leads by reviewing the daily donation report for blue bird donations (no prior history); Shares new company donations with partnership team to further explore the new partnership lead
- Collaborates with staff to increase revenue opportunities through donor engagement by identifying mid-level and major potential donors through Donor Search, database management, grant research and writing, and other administrative support
- Provides administrative support for special events, donor database management, and assistance with grant research and writing
- Communication: Skilled at communicating up, down, sideways, all around…expresses oneself clearly with written, oral, and interpersonal communication.
- Problem Solving: Uses logic, with the end result in mind, to tackle a problem swiftly and come up with a plan to solve it.
- Initiative: Identifies what needs to be done before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Results Oriented: Sets challenging goals, understands what resources need to be involved to achieve results, and meets or exceeds goals.
- Team Player: Offers support for others’ ideas and proposals; seeks opportunities to serve and jump in when needed; gives honest and constructive feedback.
- Job Skill: Demonstrates depth of a knowledge and skill in a technical area related to their job.
- Team player, willing to help and support other employees and departments, engage in staff events, and demonstrate company values
- Candidate must be an undergraduate student pursuing a degree, preferably in business or communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Proactive in seeking new opportunities for growth
- Self-motivated, hard-working individual with a positive attitude
- Organized and detail-orientated
- Experience presenting research and ideas to superiors
- Good handwriting that is neat and legible
- Non-profit experience, volunteering, or strong community involvement a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Regular and consistent attendance in company home office
- Occasional evening and weekend attendance at local, offsite events
- Frequently required to sit, stand, and/or walk
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 25 pounds
Please send your resume and cover letter to HR@nbcf.org.