Dallas Based Nonprofit Healthcare Clinic
Founded in 1983, the Agape Clinic is a charity medical clinic located in East Dallas and operates under a mission to provide quality health care services unconditionally to underserved people. The Clinic has grown significantly over the decades, providing over $11.7 million of medical care through 18,233 patient visits in 2020. While Agape predominantly serves the DFW Metroplex, the Clinic has no restriction on who can become a patient and serves a broad geographic area including 235 zip codes. The Clinic leverages a robust network of partnerships with medical and educational organizations and other nonprofits to create $9 of impact for every dollar received. The Agape Clinic was honored to be named 2019 Nonprofit of the Year by CNM, formerly the Center for Nonprofit Management.
The Development Director works closely with the Executive Director, Director of Clinic Operations, Medical Director, and Board of Directors to develop and execute the Clinic’s yearly fundraising and communications strategy. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a yearly fundraising strategy to meet the operational needs of the Clinic, including targeted efforts in grants, individual giving, and events.
- Coordinate with the Director of Clinic Operations to identify programmatic needs, develop program budgets, and track program metrics.
- Manage a robust grant calendar, drafting tailored requests for funders, managing logistics of virtual and on-site visits, and providing timely and accurate reporting.
- Research new potential funders, both individual and organizational, whose missions align with that of the Agape Clinic.
- Report to the Executive Director and Board of Directors on fundraising activities and progress toward established goals.
- Coordinate fundraising effort with the Agape Always Foundation to ensure that the two organizations are aligned on giving strategy.
- Manage a donor database including tracking all incoming donations, maintaining accurate donor information and giving histories, and providing timely gift acknowledgment.
- Serve as a primary contact for external partner agencies.
- Create compelling written and electronic solicitation materials.
- Oversee the successful execution of the gala, the Clinic’s only yearly fundraising event, including theme development, identification of vendors, marketing of event, and solicitation of silent auction items.
- Develop strategies to increase donor engagement through giving days, such as North Texas Giving Day.
- Update and maintain the Clinic’s website and Google footprint.
- Collaborate with staff and administrators to draft a monthly newsletter with a goal to increase awareness of Agape’s programs and increase donor and volunteer involvement.
- Oversee the Clinic’s social media strategy, including developing a social media calendar, designing graphics, creating content, and posting regularly on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Provide administrative and technical support to the Executive Director, as needed.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of two years of work experience is required. Experience in a non-profit or development position is preferred.
- Strong work ethic, passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with staff. Development Director must work with Executive Director, The Board, The Medical Director, The Clinical Director, and the Volunteer Director to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with event planning
- Healthcare – pays 100% of medical plan cost
- Commensurate with experience and highly competitive with market
Agape Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Thank you for your consideration!
Please email cover letter and resume to Paul Hoffmann at email@example.com.