WHO YOU ARE
Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior, and you maintain a personal relationship with Him. You are driven, positive, and an authentic individual who is committed to excellence in all you do and looking for a rewarding job to make a difference in impoverished areas in South Dallas. To be a successful member of our team you must be moved to action by our mission, be intrinsically motivated, and feel a deep sense of calling to our work. You should also have a strong work ethic and take initiative. Lastly, you must thrive in a fast-paced and relational work environment.
You are passionate about helping people understand, embrace, and live out the Great Commandment and the Great Commission in your individual life and in the lives of people around you.
- Developing and executing the overall strategy of fundraising, communication, special events and donor engagement.
- Activities to ensure success include executing a continuous donor engagement and communications strategies (including financial stewardship reporting), and identifying and securing sponsorships, and developing a robust revenue pipeline of foundation, public, and private funding sources.
- Leadership of the Development team necessary to achieve the plan including day-to-day and project activities
- Work with board and external committees for fundraising, events, and marketing.
- Some evening and weekend commitments are required.
- Maintain accurate records in organization donor database
- Management of 3rd parties (e.g., grant writers) that we engage for development work
- Work with other leaders, protecting and enhancing the MON brand
Ideal Characteristics, Skills, and Experience
- Five (5) or more years of development experience and event coordination; non-profit experience preferred
- Knowledge of current trends, resources and information related to fundraising
- Excellent relational skills, energetic personality, and servant heart
- Strong people-leader skills
- Experience with Donor-Perfect or similar CRM system
- Excellent communication skills
- Innate ability to work steadily and calmly in high pressure situations
- Initiative, follow-through, sound, and accurate judgment in decision-making process; ensure timely decisions are made
- Creative and innovative process-oriented leader
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.