Who We Are: Mercury One is a faith-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was founded in 2011 by media personality, entrepreneur, and New York Times best-selling author Glenn Beck.
What We Do: Mercury One is not an ordinary organization. We stand to restore the human spirit through programs to advance the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary for individuals and communities to help themselves. We also assist our nation’s veterans, provide aid to those in crisis, and rebuild and restore the lives of Christians and other persecuted religious minorities.
Why We Do It: We believe in honoring God and our country. We believe that we are called to action to restore the human spirit through humanitarian aid and to educate through the truth. We believe that the Holy Bible is the authoritative word of God and that it should serve as our guide for all that we do.
About the Role:
The Development Director oversees the daily activities of the Development department. Assists in the development of goals and strategies for all fundraising and gift campaigns. Develops and maintains a prospect portfolio to optimize fundraising opportunities
- Serve as a member of the leadership team under the direction of the Executive Director
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors and the Executive Director develop annual resource development plan including annual fundraising events, major gift campaign, corporate grants, capital campaign, and individual donations
- Work with the finance department to ensure proper stewardship of all campaign gifts and that donor-designated funds are used in accordance with the donor's intentions
- Identify and cultivate relationships with prospective donors and supporters
- Establish and maintain long term, meaningful relationships with established donors, and new donors alike
- Coordinate campaign fund-raising responsibilities of the Executive Director and Board volunteers as appropriate
- Manage and maintain relationships with foundation/corporate funds development contacts
- Cultivate Donor recognition & correspondence, including high-level acknowledgments, follow up reports and newsletters
- Design and implement new giving vehicles and strategies for donors such as planned giving and recurring/monthly giving
- Maintain an active portfolio of corporate, civic, and private donor prospects being cultivated and solicited for grants and gifts, including donor upgrade strategies
- Maintain resource development files (records and reports of solicitation, donor contacts, etc.)
- Oversee all major special events
- Support management of brand through consistent donor messaging in all internal and external communications, in collateral pieces and verbal presentations.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the organization
- Manage donor events, fundraising events, and cultivation events
- Travel on behalf of the organization to develop strategic alliances
- Assist with marketing and communications as needed related to donors
- Responsible for administrative tasks associated with the role
- Participate in company events
- Supervise the Development Department.
- Assist with any additional or special projects, tasks or duties beyond what is outlined here that may be assigned as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or Fundraising related fields required
- 5+ years’ experience in Development or related field, experience with non-profits
- Experience with Neon or similar CRM software, i.e. Blackbaud, Raiser’s Edge
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, strong organizational skills
- Desire to learn and take on various types of responsibilities
- A self-motivator, eager to learn and grow, a fast learner
- A team player that must be able to work with people within and outside of the development department
- Willing to work outside regular business hours when necessary
Please send resumes and optional cover letter to email@example.com.