Crossroads Community Service (Crossroads)
The Development Director’s (Director) primary responsibility is to achieve our budgeted contributed revenue goal each year and do so within budget. She or he also participates in strategic planning. The Director is responsible for creating and executing effective strategies for donor development, fundraising and donor communications, and ensuring that these activities are consistent with Crossroads' mission. The Director will help create and then execute marketing strategies at the direction of the ED and Board’s Development and Marketing Committee. The successful candidate will forge new relationships to build Crossroads’ visibility, impact, and financial resources and help our Board of Directors to do the same.
As Crossroads enters a phase of accelerated growth, the Director has a unique opportunity to strengthen the organization’s overall fundraising capacity by expanding and diversifying Crossroads’ donor base. The Director is a full-time employee, reports to the ED, and oversees the work of our Donor Relations Officer and Marketing Coordinator—both full-time employees.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Proven success building and maintaining trusted relationships with key stakeholders and the ability to interact with multiple constituencies
- Demonstrated accomplishment in the acquisition of individual, corporate and foundation gifts and the ability to strategize, formulate and close gifts
- Experience in grant identification and solicitation
- Knowledge of and experience with the North Texas philanthropic community
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time in a growing, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Board engagement strategies and experience with public speaking/presentations
- Proficient in MS Office products and donor databases; Experience with Bloomerang, a plus
- Able to work flexible hours as requested and travel locally as needed
- High energy and passion for Crossroads’ mission is essential
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a fundraising with increasing responsibility and at least 3 years of experience supervising staff
- Crossroads may consider candidates with experience deemed to be comparable to the above education and experience requirements
- Create and oversee the annual development plan; implement a donor communications strategy that drives development objectives and supports Crossroads budget goals
- Manage the development activities calendar to ensure punctual execution
- Research and secure new funding sources
- Oversee relationships with fundraising consultants
- Working with the Executive Director:
- keep our Case for Support current and compelling
- manage portfolio assignments, conducting quarterly reviews, adjusting as needed
- manage 40 to 50 individuals in your transformational giving portfolio
- Provide monthly development activity and contributed revenue reports development program
- Oversee strategy and execution of overall organizational stewardship, that includes creating written plans to cultivate and keep our individual donors
- Responsible for the creation and execution of compelling methods of donor communication with an emphasis on cultivation, solicitation and donor nurture strategies
- Work with the Crossroads Board to help maximize their fundraising and friendraising Serve as staff liaison with the Board and the Board’s Development & Marketing Committee
- Provide volunteers, donors, and Board members with the tools needed to be Crossroads ambassadors and equip them to educate existing and prospective donors on the mission of Crossroads, its impact in the community, and the impact donations make in the lives of the people we serve
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- Employee health insurance and retirement plan with employer match.
About Crossroads Community Services
Crossroads Community Services' mission is to nourish our community's low-income families by providing nutritious food and supportive education. By distributing substantial amounts of wholesome food, Crossroads strives to meet the basic food needs of all our clients, while helping to supplement their household incomes. In 2018 with the help of our Community Distribution Partners, Crossroads distributed 2.25 million pounds of groceries to 11,969 unique individuals throughout Dallas County. This much food enabled families and individuals to prepare 1,854,000 wholesome meals and save $4,500, 000 at the store. In 2019, we project distributing 7,000,000 pounds of food that will benefit approximately 40,000 people.
To apply, submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com