Position: Development Database Manager
Reports to: Director of Development and Communications
Revision Date: October 2019
The Development Database Manager is responsible for maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the Raiser’s Edge database. He/She is also the manager of constituent and gift data entry for individuals, corporations and foundations and provides support of the development department for fundraising programs, reporting, donor recognition, and membership fulfillment. This position also maintains electronic and paper files of donor giving history.
- Oversee Raiser’s Edge database maintenance for the development department. Maintain administrative function of the development database; assign accurate user security levels. Coordinate system changes, hardware needs, software installation, storage/backup schedule with IT.
- Create queries, exports, reports for all department mailings and donor lists.
- Coordinate with Head of Museum Advancement on direct mail list acquisition, mailings and fulfillment.
- Produce and oversee set up of conditional merge documents for the production of acknowledgements, receipts, membership renewals, and pledge reminders.
- Work as liaison with Accounting for monthly reconciliation, reporting and tax audits and yearend tax statements.
- Manipulate data for analysis, reporting, development of mailing and prospect lists, and donor recognition.
- Maintain credit line information and disperse to staff for donor recognition on all non-exhibition sponsors.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Other duties as requested including member event participation
Skills and Requirements
- Proficient in The Raiser’s Edge.
- Crystal Reports experience desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and Windows.
- Knowledge of import and export utilities and formats.
- Proven strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Composition, spelling, and punctuation skills; attention to detail.
- Coordinate use of membership information from database to the user; preferred
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work independently.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Collaborative; establishes strong working relations and promotes productive cooperation.
- Ability to work congenially with museum staff, donors and patrons.
- B. A. or B.S. degree required.
- 3-5 years of Raiser’s Edge database experience
- Professional experience in membership data management preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Some evening/weekend work required.
- Must successfully complete background screen and drug testing.