Are you ready to join an organization where you can provide proven impact to students and change the trajectory of their lives? Envision all Americans living lives with financial knowledge and freedom. At Junior Achievement of Dallas, we get to work toward that goal every day. Although not always easy, lives are changed.
This is satisfying work that makes a difference in students' lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifechanging impact and partner with schools, companies, individuals, and others to ensure everyone has access to choices for a financially healthy life.
Junior Achievement of Dallas is committed to diversity, equity and inclusiveness in our employees, board members, volunteers, and the students we serve. We offer our employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Supports the organization through an array of fundraising efforts including, but not limited to fundraising events, proposals, corporate philanthropy, annual giving, and donor stewardship. Assures the efficient operation and implementation of assigned fundraising special events. Works with the Chief Development Officer and Development Managers on assigned development responsibilities and projects. Supports implementation of non-revenue events.
Scope: Full-time position
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Identify, approach, and solicit new donors to support JA of Dallas’ mission.
- Grow and sustain revenue sources by cultivating, soliciting, and engaging assigned funders.
- Delivers funding presentations and proposals at donor meetings, volunteer recruitment and community events.
- Writes proposals as needed.
- Responsible for researching and prospecting family foundation grant opportunities.
- Implements strategies and tactics to grow revenue and participation in JA special events and provides leadership for growth.
- Support implementation of the Dallas Business Hall of Fame and responsible for assigned components of this prestigious event attended by community leaders and their guests. Assigned responsibilities in day-of event implementation.
- Researches and implements best practices, ensures plans for expanding sponsorships and recruitment are developed and followed, and provides training for participants.
- Ensures that the website is updated, and printed materials are developed and easy to follow.
- Creates an atmosphere where participants enjoy the event and want to participate in the future.
- Implements donor recognition plan and maintains effective stewardship of donors to enhance retention of relationships and increase revenue and volunteers over time.
- Ensure sponsorship and other promised recognition is delivered as promised for each donor.
- Execute effectively to ensure that JA is creating authentic and connected experiences for every donor by shadowing more experienced team members. This includes using a variety of tools such as visits, phone calls, thank you letters, invitation to JA events, tours and stewardship reports.
- Assists in the maintenance of donor database and reporting for staff, board, and donors.
- Supports teammates and departmental goals and objectives.
POSITION SPECIFICATION: (Education, Experience, Certification and Knowledge/Skills/ Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage timelines, deadlines, and multiple projects simultaneously.
- High level of initiative to achieve organizational goal and objectives.
- Effective personal interactive and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates persuasive skills and a sense of urgency in achieving goals.
- Ability to work with individuals at various levels of organizations and presents a professional image.
- Strong written and oral communication and effective customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities at one time.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience working with volunteers, fundraising or sales experience a plus.
- Two years JA or related event experience or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to implement special events that meet revenue expectations and budget.
- Marketing and social media experience to promote JA Dallas.
- Proven sales track record
- Knowledge of fundraising software, preferably Blackbaud CRM system.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone inquiries; deadline April 30.