Ability Connection is seeking a dynamic fundraising professional to join our Development Team. As a member of the team, you will share responsibility for:
- Continued attraction of new donors and stewarding existing donors to increase/maintain support for the organization;
- Events designed to raise funds, engage new donors, and to recognize and steward existing donors;
- Corporate and foundation grants;
- Corporate sponsorships;
- Planned and major gifts effort for the organization; and
- Coordinating social media to keep the general public, donors, and prospects up to date and informed of all activities and events.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- A minimum of three years of experience in Non-profit Fund Development required.
- Grant development experience.
- Corporate fundraising or sales/marketing experience is preferred.
- Experience with data management systems such as Donor Perfect, Raiser’s Edge, or similar programs is necessary for relationship management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs required, knowledge of desktop publishing a plus.
- Feels and expresses a genuine passion for supporting people with disabilities and helping families care for the person they love.
- Supports Ability Connection’s mission and understands how it is organized and functions as a non-profit organization.
- Works equally well with paid staff members, clients, and volunteers.
- Relates well to persons with varied backgrounds and beliefs.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, and personal sales skills
About Ability Connection:
Ability Connection is a 68-year-old organization serving approximately 800 people with disabilities across Texas. Our training centers serve approximately 70 people daily. We operate 7 group homes in the DFW area. We are fully committed to providing exceptional programs and services to our members and support to the families who love them.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org