The Development Coordinator supports the success of The Well Community’s development campaigns and ensures stewardship of donors. This position works alongside the Executive Director, Development Consultant and Communications Coordinator to plan, coordinate and execute all development campaigns designed to raise funds, promote awareness and further the mission of The Well Community. Additionally, this position is responsible for meeting the revenue budget for annual development campaigns (such as the WellSpring Celebration Luncheon, Starry Night, North Texas Giving Day and the year-end campaign) as well as other campaigns as assigned. This is a part-time position (20 hours/week) with some flexibility in scheduling.
The Well Community, founded in 2002, is the only faith-based nonprofit in the Dallas Metroplex exclusively serving adults who face the challenges of severe mental illness. The Well Community’s offices are located in the Oak Cliff area.
- Manage and record all campaign logistics, including those related to fundraising campaigns, campaign volunteers and donor cultivation/stewardship campaigns
- Identify, solicit and secure all campaign-related in-kind items, including those for silent auctions, raffles, sponsorship packages, prizes, experience parties, etc.
- Develop, manage and maintain all campaign vendor relationships
- Provide accurate, up-to-date campaign revenue and expenses and other reports as needed
- Manage timely execution of campaign timelines, coordinating all necessary partners in tandem with the Executive Director, Development Consultant and Communications Coordinator
- Solicit, steward and maintain all campaign sponsors, ensuring outstanding customer service
throughout these relationships
- Coordinate the delivery of sponsorship packages between volunteers, sponsors, and vendors
- Provide support in tandem with the Communications Coordinator and Executive Director for all
campaign marketing materials and campaign social media
- Evaluate and deliver campaign results (with pros and cons, suggestions, etc.) to the Board of Directors
- Attend and coordinate development campaigns and other programs as requested
- Effectively communicate with relevant staff and volunteers regarding the status of solicitations
and prospects; coordinate donor outreach and communication records in database
- Coordinate campaign-related thank yous and database updates with Communications Coordinator
- Liaison with The Well Auxiliary
- Maintain close, productive working relationships with the Executive Director, Development Consultant, Communications Coordinator and program staff as necessary
- Respect the confidentiality of all constituents
- Bachelor’s degree earned from an accredited university
- Ability to effectively work with diverse community groups, including individual and corporate donors and community volunteers
- Self-motivation, with exceptional ability in setting priorities and planning
- Highly organized and detail-oriented mindset to create and manage event timelines and marketing processes
- Goal-oriented focus, with the ability to work toward achieving strategic development goals
- Dedication, flexibility and creativity
- Ability to respond creatively and diplomatically to conflicting priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to use
diplomacy and tact when communicating with all stakeholders
- Personal computer proficiency, including skill in Word and Excel (PowerPoint, Google Docs, eTapestry and Constant Contact a plus)
- Cell phone
- Ability to effectively, consistently and positively work in an open-concept environment
- Ability to frequently travel locally by personal automobile
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends, during campaigns
- Ability to walk up three flights of stairs to offices
- Sensitivity to the issue of mental illness
- Ability to work in tandem with the development, communications and program teams
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
The Well Community is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, parental status or mental/physical handicap.
Please email resume and cover letter, along with three professional references, to email@example.com or mail to The Well Community, c/o HR Coordinator, 125 Sunset Ave.,
Dallas, TX 75208.
No phone calls please.