Development Associate Events and Social Media
Recovery Resource Council is seeking a high energy take-charge individual to join our team as a Development Associate. A key member of the Development department, the person oversees and coordinates the Council’s high-profile events, manages the organization’s online presence across multiple media channels, assists in directing the organization’s brand management and donor communications. We are looking for an individual with an exceptional aptitude for event coordination, volunteer and committee management, marketing through digital communications, and driving donor communications. The successful candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm for mobilizing resources for vulnerable populations and the non-profit sector, interested in a career in development/fundraising and has a demonstrated ability to execute administrative responsibilities while keeping an eye toward building operations that sustain fund development and revenue growth. The ideal candidate is poised for growth, highly organized, detail oriented, analytical, proactive and a strong communicator.
Event and Committee Coordination: Lead the coordination and production of special events, donor cultivation gatherings and public outreach events.
Marketing Management: Working with organization leadership to help create annual marketing plan and drive social media strategy across multiple media channels. Design, writ5e and distribute monthly newsletters
Effective and efficient operations for fund development: Generate donor reports and acknowledgements, segmented donor prospect lists, manages event budget and project management of annual calendars.
- Tracks and manages plans and strategy deadlines for all new and incremental fundraising revenue.
- Provide assistance to overall operations that includes gift processing and reporting.
- Coordinate internal meetings including scheduling, agenda and material development
- Assist development team by drafting, proofreading, editing and supporting internal and external communications.
- Bachelor’s degree required; minimum of 3 years administrative experience, 2 years events experience, 1 year social media or marketing experience
- Prior experience working with organization with robust membership a plus
- Experience with Abila50 (intermediate level highly desired)
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Savvy with mail and e-mail merge
- Familiarity with crowdfunding and fundraising platforms a plus
- Incredible attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to handle multiple and competing deadlines
Experience or desire to work in social and economic justice, development or philanthropic field a is highly desired.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
To apply, please submit your resume, writing sample and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Development Associate.