Serve Denton is a nonprofit center in Denton, Texas, whose mission is “to partner with nonprofits to make their services more accessible for people in need.” We operate two properties and support 19 nonprofit agencies with quality office space and shared services. Our main campus is approximately 5 acres and 48.000 square feet. In 2020, our nonprofit partners served clients over 59,000 times. We have four strategic goals: 1) promote colocation, 2) build connections, 3) foster collaboration and 4) build capacity. We accomplish this mission with a diverse staff of ten people by using lean management principles based on the Toyota Production System.
Serve Denton is currently accepting applications from qualified individuals for the position of Development Associate to work in the Denton, TX area.
Working closely with the Development Director and other support individuals and groups, the Development Associate plays a full-time, hands-on role in the full spectrum of daily operations, including events, donor stewardship, and marketing campaigns to achieve development and strategic goals.
If you have (a) a passion for doing high-quality planning, facilitating, and supporting work that directly impacts our community and those in need; (b) have natural talents for organizing, detail, and follow-through; and (c) enjoy a team-centered work environment, then this position may be for you.
The Development Associate reports to the Development Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build awareness, consensus, and teamwork with internal and external constituents to achieve effective fundraising consistent with the ethical fundraising standards
- Help set realistic annual goals and implement the annual development plan
- Facilitate the annual fundraising campaigns
- Maintain donor database through:
- Meticulous entry of gifts, donor information, and interactions into the donor management system
- Building data queries and producing accurate reports on key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Reconciling gift information with finance staff
- Plan and execute multiple campaigns and events
- Collaborate with marketing for designing and provisioning marketing pieces
- Attend all local event planning meetings
- Help to organize and implement fundraising events assigned by the Development Director
- Assist with organizing and supervising event volunteers for planning, staging, and production
- Prepare post-event reports
- Maintain annual fundraising calendar and key performance indicator information
- Maintain donor information in the donor management system and run queries
- Prepare and update various fundraising reports
- Perform routine building inspections to ensure compliance with established standards
- Help at peak times in mailing projects such as cards and special cultivation letters
- Minimum of two years of experience in development office administration, project coordination, and event coordination
- Proficiency MS Office, Google Suite, Monday.com, project management software, and CRM/database applications (Salsa experience preferred)
- Naturally proactive, organized, pragmatic, and collaborative team style of working with others and building relationships
- A natural drive to plan and implement effective, organized systems for people
- Proven proficiency in email and general correspondence writing skills
- Excellent telephone, writing, listening, and speaking skills
- Unifying and charitable interpersonal behaviors
- Must fully embrace the mission of Serve Denton
- Member of a professional fundraising organization
Serve Denton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Serve Denton is committed to the equal opportunity of all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law. All offers for employment with Serve Denton are contingent upon the candidate having completed a criminal background check.
- Compensation: DOE
- Benefits: Paid time-off, paid holidays, health insurance subsidy, cell phone stipend
- With Development Associate in the subject line, qualified individuals should email: (a) a meaningful cover letter; (b) wage expectations; and (c) resume to email@example.com
- We kindly ask that you do not call our offices.