Straydog Inc (www.straydog.org) is seeking a proactive DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE to implement and manage our donor stewardship program, grow the monthly giving program, plan and manage fundraising events, and maintain the donor management system. The successful candidate will effectively communicate with multiple and diverse audiences to increase giving among existing donors, and to cultivate new donors. The ideal candidate should be aware of non-profit issues and trends, have a passion for animal rescue and the no-kill mission, and be able to work in an independent and self-directed environment. This role works closely with the Development Director while both report to the Board of Directors.
Straydog Inc, established in 1994, is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with a passionate mission to rescue and rehabilitate homeless and abandoned dogs in a no-kill environment until each is adopted into a caring, loving home; and to act as a sanctuary for those dogs who are never adopted.
- Work with the Development Director to cultivate, solicit, and steward donors to meet annual fundraising goal
- Create a strategy to increase donor base with new prospects
- Increase supporter participation in the monthly giving program
- Co-Lead event planning committees for the Annual Golf Tournament, Gala, and other fundraising events
- Create meaningful content for appeals and campaigns that focus on current funding priorities
- Develop impact and outcome content to effectively deliver donor gift impact and support an annual report
- Implement the stewardship program for all “non-foundation” donors; work with the Development Director to become familiar with the giving behavior and history of current “foundation” donors/major gifts
- Manage donor data and monthly reporting through the donor management system
- Seek and apply for grants to fund capital needs and program expenses
- Work with Marketing to develop content for newsletters, social media, printed materials, campaigns, and appeals
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Non-Profit Management or related field, or equivalent experience, with 2+ years development/fundraising experience
- Grant writing experience a plus
- Donor Management system experience (Network for Good a plus)
- Experienced and confident in Public Speaking
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal (in-person and via phone) and via video
- Self-motivated, proactive, and must possess an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for animal rescue
Note: The successful candidate for this position will be hired as a part-time (up to 30 hours per week), independent contractor. The candidate must be local to DFW and will be permitted to telecommute 90% of the time. A monthly visit to the facility in Eustace and a monthly board/fundraising committee meeting in DFW is required.
Please submit your resume, optional attachments illustrating appeal and campaign writing experience and any ancillary documentation of fundraising experience. With your submission, please provide highlights of resume experience that is applicable to this specific position. Complete submission material should be sent to email@example.com with the Subject Line "Development Associate Application".