Deputy/Chief of Staff
Fort Worth, TX
The Fort Worth Education Partnership is looking to hire a full-time Deputy/Chief of Staff. This position will be based in Fort Worth, TX and is available immediately. Occasional travel required.
Fort Worth Education Partnership is an organization focused on improving educational access and options for Fort Worth area children by growing and supporting high-quality public schools. Through partnerships with non-profit and charter school operators, traditional districts, families, and the broader community, we aim to increase the number of students enrolled in high-quality schools. Our work provides support primarily in the areas of school supply and school reform initiatives, talent pipeline, advocacy and community engagement, and coordination to support schools and programs and create infrastructure that leads to rapid growth of high-quality educational opportunities for children.
The Deputy/Chief of Staff will play a critical role at the Fort Worth Education Partnership by supporting the CEO, development of the organization, and key strategic priorities. Our team is small; you can expect to play many different roles in your capacity as Deputy/Chief of Staff. This position Is a unique opportunity to get in at the ground floor of an innovative and important Fort Worth educational institution.
Responsibilities will include:
• Serving as the primary support to the CEO to accomplish FWEP's goals
o Participate with the CEO and leadership team in developing and executing plans and strategies to accomplish the mission of the organization
o Serve as a thought partner to the CEO
o Manage preparation, execution, and follow-up for Board and executive team meetings, including ensuring that key decisions are made and executed on appropriate timelines
• Conducting due diligence and executing grants
o Shepherd proposals through the approval process, as well as provide guidance to and work with grantees to achieve significant impact
o Identify potential new partnerships and opportunities including identifying prospective grantees and funding partners
o Work with grantees to monitor progress toward achieving grant milestones
• Communicating with school operators, teacher preparation programs, and other partners on a regular basis to coordinate and develop partnership opportunities
• Supporting the CEO in district and community outreach to develop local relationships, establish the presence of the organization, and build community rapport, including amplifying FWEP's presence by attending meetings and reporting back when the CEO Is unavailable
• Monitoring national trends and research and the local education landscape to support long-range strategic goals for the organization, in partnership with organizational leadership
• Collaborating with the Executive Director to build the infrastructure of the organization, including performing tasks that support daily operations
• Performing other related duties as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING
The Deputy/Chief of Staff will be expected to be committed to the mission of the organization, that all children In the Fort Worth area have access to a high-quality public education, and supportive of FWEP's approach to accomplishing this vision, which is results oriented and highly collaborative, working across a broad range of institutions, interests, relationships, and political realities.
Specifically, we expect:
• Education: BA/BS at minimum with a strong academic background,
• Experience: Work in education sector or public sector organizations preferred; nonprofit management, philanthropic or grant development experience are a plus
• Results: Demonstrated ability to exceed goals and a pragmatic, results focused orientation
• Communication: Ability to produce high-quality and error-free written communication under tight deadlines, Including memos, work plans, one-pagers, presentations, and briefs
• Strategic Vision and Agility: Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into a project
• Leadership and Organization: Capacity for managing and leading people; ability to connect with people both on an individual level and in large groups
• Analytic Skills: Knowledge and appreciation of business concepts, strong business writing skills, moderate to advanced Excel ability, moderate to advanced presentation software knowledge, effective communication skills with an ability to share and synthesize knowledge
• Strong Interpersonal Skills: Sense of humor and ability to work in a dynamic environment a significant plus.
Please submit your application via email by sending your cover letter and resume to Brent Beasley at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Application for Opportunity with FWEP." Applications that do not include both a resume and cover letter will not be reviewed.
Fort Worth Education Partnership provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.