The Day School Office Manager
The Day School Office Manager must have a bachelor’s degree in Management or communication. We also prefer a minimum of 3 credit hours each in: Infant/Toddler, Family Child & Community, Principals of Child Development; Child Development-Supervision.
This person must also have current Pediatric CPR and First Aid Certification. This person must have advanced computer literacy and knowledge in Microsoft Office products like Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. In addition, have the computer skills to work with other software product-based Day School accounting processes. The Office Manager will be responsible for the operation of the school in case of the Executive Director’s absence, it is important that the person have a well-developed philosophy on the education of young children which parallels the educational philosophy of the school.
The Office Manager enforces policies made by the Board of Directors, assists in managing staff and overseeing daily operations. As the office manager of the school, s/he supervises the maintaining of standards for teachers. S/he assists the Executive Director in handling problems with the staff and students, helps oversee the implementation of the chosen curricula to ensure the school meets all standards set by law and teaches or assists in teaching classes or training as needed. Monitoring classroom performance, giving feedback (communicating) and motivating teachers and staff are integral to the office manager’s job.
The Office Manger reports to the Executive Director of the Dallas First Presbyterian Church Day School.
.Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintains tuition and fee collections including communication with past-due commitments by using the current ProCare software in place.
- Maintain students list to include classroom assignments and all student information.
- Fulfills all record keeping responsibilities including the organization and maintenance (inventory and ordering) of all school supplies.
- Works with church Accounting Office and Day School Treasurer to ensure that all bills are paid in a timely manner.
- Maintains student records in compliance with licensing regulation including updated shot records.
- Maintains staff files in compliance with licensing regulations including training hours.
- Communicates regularly with parents to keep them informed and up to day with center activities.
- Sends weekly communications to parents including the menu.
- Maintains the waiting list and communicates with families as needed.
- Updates information in ProCare as children transition.
- Is responsible for implementing and maintain the Paperless Project center wide.
- Conducts tours and provides interested families with information about our program.
- May open or close school on a daily basis. If closing, ensures building is secure and no persons are present.
- Has knowledge of and ability to comply with laws and regulations regarding a Preschool Center.
- Acts as part of the administrative team to ensure age-appropriate curriculum is being taught in all classrooms.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with the preschool staff and is available to assist in conflict resolution using biblical principles.
- Works with the Executive Director in coordinating programs with the FPC Parents Association.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Senior Minister/Executive Director of the church.
Job Skills and Recommended:
- A minimum of one-year experience working in an environment with children required.
- General knowledge of federal, state and local laws regarding employment practices.
- Experienced and Proficient in working with Computer software systems
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Legible writing skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced working environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to think promptly and professionally.
- Experience in conflict resolution.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Dallas First Presbyterian Church Developmental Day School has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
Please send resume to Lori Ferguson, Director of Human Resources, First Presbyterian Church,