A key position on the fundraising team, the Development Gift Processing and Database Manager promptly enters and acknowledges all contributions to The Dallas Opera and manages the database for the department.
This position reports to the Advancement Analytics Officer and works closely with all members of the Advancement team.
Responsibilities: Primary areas of responsibility include the timely and accurate processing of contributions and providing administrative support to the department. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Process and promptly acknowledge gifts for all campaigns and special events
- Serve as development department’s database manager and meticulously update Tessitura records based on contacts with donors and prospects and as requested by development staff
- Process monthly pledge reminders and donor credit card billing
- Process weekly development forecast and cash flow documents
- Maintain Development department budget
- Process invoices and check requests for the department
- Maintain development department calendar
- Provide general administrative support to Advancement Analytics Officer, Director of Development, and others as needed
- Maintain institutional grant calendar and provide support for institutional grant applications and reports.
- Assist with digitization of department records.
- Coordinate activities closely with other members of the development team
- Available to work some evenings and weekends during performance season
- Team-oriented service as a member of the development team
- Performance of other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- At least three years of work experience and be well-versed in working with databases.
- Proficiency with Tessitura highly desirable.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and committed to meeting deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with working and collaborating in a Microsoft 365 environment
- Customer service oriented
- Creative solutions
- Adaptability to change
The Dallas Opera values diversity in the workplace and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive work environment where employees are treated with dignity and respect. The Dallas Opera is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a policy of non-discrimination with all employees and applicants for employment. This position will remain open until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates has been identified. Applications from populations underrepresented in the arts are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration