Database Management Specialist will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and maintain the center’s financial accounts. Database Management Specialist is responsible for the Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center’s Raiser's Edge database, which currently has more than 200,000 records. The Database Management Specialist will be in charge of training all staff on proper procedures and ensure consistency and accuracy of data. The Database Management Specialist will also be involved in troubleshooting and cleanup of data and will be involved in the strategic planning related to the Raiser’s Edge database.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Raiser’s Edge Management & Gift Entry
- Manage the Raiser's Edge database, including maintenance, user accounts and security, gift entry, reporting, queries, and data cleanup with the goal of providing current, consistent, and accurate data.
- Enter gifts and pledges received as well as issue acknowledgement and tax letters.
- Generate mailing lists for direct mail, special events and fundraising campaigns.
- Gift adjustment and write-offs when necessary.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures for ensuring the integrity of the Raiser's Edge database.
- Train and update staff in all departments on proper Raiser's Edge data entry procedures and report generation, and work with staff to ensure that data entry procedures are followed.
- Reconcile and close monthly development financials on time.
- Proactively identify opportunities for systems and workflow improvements, recognize potential problems, and provide recommendations for solutions.
- Perform successful and timely NCOA updates for direct mail campaigns.
- Provide data oversight and perform all weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual required data maintenance tasks, including queries on proper addressee/salutations, acknowledgements, Past Due reports, and duplicate constituent reports.
- Develop, run, and review timely donor reporting audits to ensure accurate gift entry and acknowledgment.
- Work with the finance staff to generate ongoing and periodic financial reports as requested.
- Assist with projects, events as needed.
Other Accounts Receivable
- Recording education revenue in the general ledger (CACC, on-site registration, curriculum payments).
- Create journal entries to record education & conference revenue, as well as any other miscellaneous receipts that are not processed through Raiser’s Edge.
- Recording miscellaneous receipts (anything outside of Raiser’s Edge) in the general ledger
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university or equivalent preferred.
- 3-5 years of administrative experience preferred.
- Experience or knowledge of donor database entry and management, specifically Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, required.
- Master lever proficiency with MS Word; intermediate level proficiency with MS Excel.
- Dynamic, self-motivated individual with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to work independently and problem solve with effectiveness and efficiency.
- Exceptional written, oral, and public communication skills with the capacity to engage multiple and diverse constituents.
- Ability to make sound, independent judgments within established policies and procedures.
- Individual should ensure accuracy and confidentiality in all work and ability to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions.
- Skilled in handling and shifting priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Operates within Center policies and procedures and maintains strict adherence to confidentiality policy.
- Individual should be creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and flexible, possessing a positive attitude, tact, good judgment, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to work well as a team member with staff, community professionals, and volunteers.
- Must demonstrate/live our organization’s core values: Put the child first in all that we do, Operate as a seamless team, Work with a servant’s heart.
Mental and Physical Abilities:
Duties are usually performed seated with occasional periods of standing or walking. Limited physical effort is required associated with lifting and carrying objects (less than 25 lbs).
Work may be performed but is not limited to an office environment. Ability to work some weekends and evening hours for special projects.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.