We are currently seeking an experienced Data Services Coordinator to join our team in our Addison, TX, location.
Who We Are:
Make-A-Wish North Texas - Since 1980, Make-A-Wish® has been creating life-changing wish experiences for children with critical illnesses around the world. Wishes have proven physical and emotional benefits that can give children with critical illnesses a higher chance of survival. When a wish is granted, a child replaces fear with confidence, sadness with joy and anxiety with hope. Wishes even reunite families and enrich entire communities. Every eligible child needs a wish to count on! To learn more about us, please visit us at https://ntx.wish.org/
About the Role:
The Data Services Coordinator provides a wide range of data support and solutions to support the organizations operational needs. Primary responsibilities will include working in conjunction with the Director of Business Operations and Development Team on donor integrity, donor gift processing, donor stewardship and donor recognition. The Data Services Coordinator is specifically responsible for overseeing the donor gift processes to include mail processes, donor gift processing and coding, entering and tracking monetary and in-kind gifts in the Foundation’s database. The Data Services Coordinator will process donor acknowledgments and maintain accuracy and consistency of Foundation’s gift and constituent data. Responsibilities will also include utilizing systems and tools to support overall data health, analytical and reporting support to align with strategic initiatives.
What you’ll do:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Work with the Director of Business Operations and Development Leadership to prioritize data and donor care processing to support operational activities
- Oversees mail & donor gift processes, mail scheduling, acknowledgment process and letter generation for monetary and in-kind donations, and assists with stewardship and recognition
- Processes all monetary and in-kind contributions from all donation sources and portals, including pledges and payments from Make-A-Wish America (including online donors) for constituent and gift record entry into the database including matching gifts, “do not post” gifts, and tribute gift data
- Maintains integrity of information in database through cross-referencing, data checking, and various data cleansing activities to ensure the highest level of data integrity
- Processes current event software (One-Cause) transactions and enters and acknowledges the donor gift data
- Codes and enters on-line donations, verifying/validating with the Development team, when warranted
- Creates and maintains Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other metrics to be used to report on the health of data and donor care related activities.
- Responds to donor inquiries and contacts donors, as needed
- Produces donor invoicing in conjunction with the Administration Department, if the need arises
- Works with Accounting and Development staff to ensure completeness and accuracy of gift data through adjustment requests, when needed
- Provides support and instructs staff on the use of tools and technologies used to support data and donor care activities
- Processes all returned mail to Make-A-Wish North Texas
- Creates and updates all SOP’s related to each aspect of the Data Services Coordinator’s job responsibilities
- Assists with other team members on processing mail on a bi-weekly basis, or more often when needed
Our Perfect Candidate
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in the field or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Salesforce experience REQUIRED
- Technical proficiency in tools and technology to support the job functions including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Constituent Relationship management & Event management systems such as Salesforce, Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, OneCause, BidPal, etc.
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Demonstrates core competencies valued at Make-A-Wish North Texas: commitment to mission, quality of work, quantity of work, adaptability, use of work time, ability to work well with others, communication, dependability, professionalism, attendance/punctuality.
- Shares the values of Make-A-Wish®: integrity, child focus, excellence, community, and inspiration.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Proficiency with database programs required: Experience with Salesforce is required, and knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge or other constituent record management (CRM) systems preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate passion and intentionally look for opportunities in everyday life to share the organization’s vision, cause, or product.
- Must demonstrate the ability to quickly learn new concepts and information. Adapt easily when course of action or direction changes and pushes on toward long-term goals with a positive focus, even in challenging times.
- Must feel a personal obligation to others and the organization to do the right thing and produce the right outcome.
- Must be action-oriented and full of energy, willing to seize opportunities and embrace rolling up sleeves and doing work; even that which is not glamorous.
- Must demonstrate the ability to appropriately plan and prioritize to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Display the ability to use diplomacy and tact when communicating with all stakeholders within the organization. Including the ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish rapport when meeting new people, seeks out ways to meet and interact with new people while building and optimizing both personal and professional networks intentionally. Possesses the ability and willingness to solicit funds through personal contacts with donors and prospects.
- Competitive salary will commensurate with experience and education
- Comprehensive benefits package available: (healthcare, vision, dental and life insurances; 401k company match; paid time off and holidays)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Please submit your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org