Under the supervision of the Chief of Operations (COO), the Database Manager is an integral part of the The Lamplighter School supporting all departments and the COO to maintain and update the Blackbaud (ON Products, Blackbaud Education Edge, etc.) Admissions/Registrar databases.
- Manage all processes related to Admissions and Registrar databases, including capturing, inputting, organizing, and updating student/parent/employee profile information
- Maintain database integrity and accuracy by tracking and keeping student/parent information up-to-date in Blackbaud Education Edge programs
- Serve as the main data entry person and administrator for Blackbaud Education Edge programs
- Prepare and generate labels, lists, name tags, and envelopes for administrators, teachers, new hires, campus visitors, and parents
- Ensure protocols are in place to track and measure all initiatives
- Work with the Director of Admission and Placement to effectively implement processes, as well as, create and track queried reports
- Implement database queries in response to requests for information regarding enrollment of students, classes offered, etc.
- Provide lunch or break coverage for Front Desk one day per week
- Assist with carpool as needed
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience using Blackbaud (ON Core products, Blackbaud Education Edge, etc.) and/or other cloud-based school management database
- Relevant experience in an independent school or nonprofit setting preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and/or Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets)
- Some experience completing mail merges
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks effectively with a superior level of attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage highly confidential information
- Ability to self-start and work with limited supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to collaborate with colleagues
Essential Physical Functions and Working Conditions
Physical Demands: Continuously requires vision, hearing, twisting, and talking.
Frequently requires standing, fine dexterity, sitting, and handling.
Occasionally requires walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, kneeling, pushing/pulling, bending, and crouching.
Primary Work Location: Office Environment.
Non-Physical Demands: Frequently requires performing multiple tasks simultaneously, working closely with others as part of a team, and tedious or exacting work.
To apply for position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.