Reports to: Director of Development & Strategic Partnerships
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Momentous Institute, founded by Salesmanship Club of Dallas in 1920, exists to build and repair social emotional health with children, families and communities. Each year, we partner with over 5,500 children and family members through innovative education and therapeutic services. The organization also invests in research and training, including the annual Changing the Odds conference, to reach far more children than could ever be seen directly. Our mental health team is committed to offering services that are systemic, trauma-informed, and include brain and strengths-based perspectives. Services are offered on a sliding scale and no family is ever turned away for an inability to pay. Momentous Institute offers a truly dynamic work environment where therapy can unfold in collaboration with the family, without the need to bill or justify services to insurance companies.
The Corporate Relations Officer will develop and implement strategies that build and maintain relationships with corporate entities to enhance fundraising, partnerships, engagement, and other Momentous Institute goals in conjunction with the Golf and Development teams. This includes effectively managing a portfolio of top corporate and corporate foundation prospects and donors, regularly meeting with corporate representatives, developing and submitting written proposals, and facilitating other engagement opportunities which will include securing sponsorships of conferences and events, and general operating donations for Momentous Institute.
- Manage a portfolio of corporations and corporate foundations that includes building new relationships and maintaining existing relationships to increase philanthropy support and engagement to advance Momentous Institute priorities.
- In partnership with Golf and Development, create, implement and manage a comprehensive and strategic development plan focused on expanding and enhancing corporate relationships for philanthropy, including, but not limited to, identifying new corporate prospects and developing successful cultivation and solicitation strategies for corporate constituents.
- Prepare professionally written proposals to corporate and foundation representatives that further create opportunities for synergy and collaborative partnerships.
- In partnership with Golf and Development, provide effective coordination of activities such as campus visits, site visits, and presentations or proposals.
- Collaborate with Momentous Institute and Salesmanship Club leadership to advance funding priorities for various projects and programs as well as provide development support for corporate fundraising opportunities.
- Ensure that corporate donors are stewarded for their gifts and maintain strong relationships.
- Perform regular database updates including meeting and activity notes.
- Complete other tasks as requested by Director of Development & Strategic Partnerships or Associate Director of Development.
- Assist teammates with other fundraising projects as requested.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Demonstrated record of fundraising achievement for a minimum of five years.
- Understanding of corporate philanthropy and knowledge of Dallas corporate philanthropic community.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including ability to edit and write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive communications.
- Be team-oriented and have an appreciation for the mission of Momentous Institute.
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually, meet deadlines and manage multiple detail-oriented tasks in a highly professional and timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with a wide variety of personalities while managing rapidly shifting priorities. Proven organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Raiser’s Edge.
Desired personal qualities:
Integrity, initiative, energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, ability to receive feedback, and a sense of humor.
COVID-19 vaccine is required for all employees as of September 1, 2021. (Momentous Institute is an equal opportunity employer and reasonable accommodations will be considered for valid medical or religious exemptions.)
Momentous Institute maintains a policy of non-discrimination for all employees and applicants in every facet of the organization’s operations. Momentous Institute hires, trains, and promotes all qualified employees without discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background investigation, including a check of the National Sex Offender Registry.
Applications are currently being accepted and the position will remain open until filled. Candidates form diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Please send letter of interest and resume to:
Human Resources Director