Jewish Family Service is currently seeking an experienced, proven and hands-on Controller due to the rapid growth we are experiencing and our reorganization. The Controller will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting practices, preparation of all monthly reports, and supervision of all accounting/development staff.
- Prepare accounting related entries to several databases (accounting and development).
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files.
- Prepare all month-end closings.
- Plan and prepare for the annual external audit and Form 990. The Controller is the primary contact for the external auditors.
- Perform various account reconciliations.
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports, verifying information.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Prepare financial statements by gathering/analyzing information from the general ledger system.
- Implement accounting procedures and internal controls.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Assist with any special projects and other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and CPA certification required.
- 2-3 years’ experience with extensive grant reporting, preferably with federal grants.
- 5 years’ experience and knowledge of non-profit accounting a must.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook as well as expertise with implementation and integration of financial software systems. Experience with MIP Fund Accounting/Abila FR50 preferred, but not required.
- Desire to learn and take on various types of responsibilities.
- A self-motivator, eager to learn and grow a fast learner.
- Solid PC skills including proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Must be able to work on a timetable, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Willing to work overtime when necessary.
Estimated Salary: $80,000-$85,000 depending on experience.
Please submit a letter containing your salary requirements and resume to email@example.com. Persons without the minimum years of grant reporting or non-profit accounting experience need not apply.