Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For over 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of “Helping America’s Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential” through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services through PAID positions. Come and be a part of the passion, the mission and the tradition!
Position: Contracts Monitoring Specialist
Location: Euless, Texas
Salary Range: Negotiable
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
The Contracts Monitoring Specialist position is responsible for managing and tracking contracts and grants from a variety of government and grant awards. Reviews external award notices for compliance, appropriate budget allocation, and funding restrictions. Assists in developing grant proposals and preparing all pertinent grant material packages for finals submission.
- Manages and tracks contracts and grants from a variety of government and grant awards.
- Reviews external award notices for compliance, appropriate budget allocation and funding restrictions.
- Assists in coordinating development and implementation of grant writing activities to include other development staff, contract grant writers, finance and program staff.
- Assists in assembling all pertinent grant material packages for final submission.
- Ensures overall accuracy and quality of all grant contract documents leaving the organization.
- Conducts internal and external research on organization’s programs to build compelling case for support.
- Maintains, updates, and tracks proposed and current government/grant award calendars.
- Communicates results of proposal submissions and reports.
- Communicates renewals to operations in a timely manner.
Bachelors Degree in marketing, nonprofit management, psychology or business field plus three years related experience in managing grants.
- Skill in the use of a personal computer and software applications (e.g. Microsoft, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records
- Excellent persuasive and technical writing skills
- Experience in grants and contracts management, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Knowledge of effective and efficient methods for organizing and maintaining records and ability to perform the same
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of fund-raising
- Ability to prepare and maintain reports in an accurate, complete and timely manner
Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement plan.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!