We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic contract special event coordinator to produce events from conception through to completion. Event coordinator responsibilities include providing outstanding customer service, logistics of pre-event and day of event, and producing sponsorships of said events, all of which meet quality expectations. This contract position will manage two events, Women of Distinction event in Amarillo and Desserts First event in Lubbock. The contract will come to a conclusion on September 13, 2019.
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
- Liaise with the events committee members to produce successful events
- Conduct market research, gather information and produce sponsorships for both events
- Provide weekly feedback and periodic reports to Fund Development Lead and event committee members
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities
- Cooperate with Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains communications department to promote and publicize event
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Conduct pre and post event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest
- Proven experience as an special events fundraiser
- Experience securing sponsorships
- Impressive portfolio of previously managing non-profit events
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Able to acquire event sponsorships and ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- MS Office proficiency
- Willing to submit references from previous clients
- Willing to travel to-and-from Lubbock/Amarillo/Fort Worth areas
- Willing to stay overnight (with the possibility of staying multiple nights in locations listed above)
Needing to fill this position immediately. Please send your resume and references to Emily Garvin, firstname.lastname@example.org.