Jubilee Park and Community Center seeks a Community Support Specialist on a contract basis.
The Community Support Specialist (CSS) is essential to fulfilling the work and vision of
Jubilee Park & Community Center. The CSS serves as a major part of the organization’s
holistic approach to Jubilee’s mission of improving lives and strengthening community. The
CSS does this by helping our neighbors who are experiencing difficult life events access
emergency financial aid and locate community resources. This is a contract position for
twenty hours per week for a minimum of six months from the start date. This position
reports to the Community Outreach Manager.
Jubilee Park seeks a caring, compassionate employee to work with individuals and families
who are experiencing financial setbacks. The ideal candidate will exhibit Jubilee’s values of
authenticity, compassion, inclusion, purpose and resilience. A successful candidate will also
be highly detail-oriented, able to work independently, problem-solve, and consistently meet
goals and deadlines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide warm and compassionate service to all community members; ideal
candidate will display ability to provide tailored assessment and resources based on
- Maintain client confidentiality and privacy
- Determine community member eligibility for financial assistance program
- Collect and review all required documents for those eligible; ensure all files are
completed prior to approval for emergency assistance
- Contact landlords or utility companies to establish bill payment plan on behalf of
- Submit all financial assistance requests for approval; communicate with clients
about application status
- Refer clients to Jubilee Park’s programs or other community agencies as appropriate
- Ensure that all data is input into agency’s database by specified deadline
- Conduct monthly follow up calls with those that have received assistance to evaluate
client success; provide continued check-in if needed.
- Passion for helping individuals achieve their goals and improve quality of life;
committed to providing services with dignity and compassion
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related Human Services field
- Bilingual in Spanish required
- Social Work/case management background preferred
- Ability to keep files updated and organized
- Possesses basic technology skills; experience with Microsoft Teams a plus
- Ability to work independently and meet goals and deadlines
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work from home; must be able to work uninterrupted and in private to
protect community members’ confidentiality.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. No phone calls please.