Our Friends Place is seeking a Community Engagement Specialist for our marketing and communications, volunteers, and events.
Our Friends Place is a nonprofit organization in Dallas, Texas that helps young women break generational cycles of abuse, neglect, poverty and homelessness through empowering self-reliance and independence. Our Friends Place programs emphasize education, job skills, and social-emotional health to help young women build a brighter future.
The Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for implementing the agency’s strategy to promote awareness, communications, and engagement with volunteers, donors, and the community to make Our Friends Place’s mission possible. The Community Engagement Specialist works with the Development Director, volunteers, and Our Friends Place staff to plan and accomplish agency goals for communications and marketing, volunteers, and community events. The Community Engagement Specialist reports to the Development Director.
Communication and Marketing:
• Assist in creating content and maintaining public website.
• Assist in developing and manage a communications calendar in coordination with fundraising efforts and annual giving program.
• Assist in writing, developing, and maintaining written and visual content on social media, press releases, newsletters and public communications.
• Assist in creating voices for each platform that are mission-focused and engaging.
• Assist with the production of the agency’s annual report to communicate donor and volunteer impact.
• Attract and recruit a diverse volunteer community.
• Coordinate with Our Friends Place staff to train and supervise agency volunteers.
• Assist in developing creative opportunities for interested volunteers or volunteer groups.
• Maintain and manage a database of volunteer information and create reports for regular analysis.
• Assist in updating and implementing volunteer policies and procedures to meet best practices and agency goals.
• Develop, connect, and manage community events for education, awareness, and speaking opportunities.
• Plan and manage minor events to engage current and interested volunteers/donors and promote awareness of Our Friends place.
• Assist staff liaison for public relations and volunteer committees.
• Assist in preparing and monitoring the annual budget as related to volunteers, awareness events, social media, and website expenses.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the Development Director.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with volunteers.
• Demonstrated experience with websites and social media.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative programs.
• Excellent writing and public speaking abilities.
• Culturally aware, respectful, and appreciative of differences.
• Strong relationship builder with excellent communication skills.
• Energetic and engaging personality.
• Flexibility to attend events, breakfasts, and dinners, etc., outside of normal working hours as needed.
Job conditions require walking, driving, sitting, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, reaching or grasping, lifting or carrying up to 25 lbs., pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs. A car and a valid State driver’s license are required.
• Remain mission driven in all aspects of agency work.
• Participate in staff training and planning sessions.
• Serve as a philanthropic ambassador in the agency and the community.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to email@example.com. Please do not call. Only emails with the requested documents will be considered for this position.