The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for the management of the volunteer program for all programs at Austin Street Center. This position involves recruitment, placement, retention, enhancing policies and procedures, project coordination, calendar management, relationship building, presentations, and assessment for volunteers. The Community Engagement Manager will work closely with various leaders as liaison to ensure the successful process and communication of volunteers.
- Evaluate all aspects of volunteer programs to ensure effectiveness to the organization, seamlessness of assimilation process, and positive experience.
- Responsible for maintaining and the growth of the Austin Street Center Volunteer core
- Provide customer service to potential and current volunteers
- Conduct and arrange volunteer recruitment, orientation, training, and scheduling.
- Ensure volunteer (groups and individuals) are staffed to purchase and provide meal service.
- Develop, communicate, and manage viable volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of service.
- Serve as ASC liaison for speaking engagements, presentations, volunteer recruitment fairs and tours.
- Create, review and update volunteer job duties.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with ASC staff to ensure volunteers are staffed in support various areas of operations & programing.
- Act as a point of contact for volunteer inquiries and communication.
- Work with volunteers to resolve grievances and promote cooperation and interest.
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events.
- Assist with other Advancement initiatives, projects and special events.
- Utilize ASC social media to publicize opportunities for and recruit volunteers.
- Solicit and collect in-kind donations.
- Assist the Director of Advancement Communications with donor communications.
- Assist with any other projects / assignment that may be assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- 2+ years’ experience preferred.
- Excellent organization and operational skills.
- Keen attention to detail and strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to individuals and groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills: to deal with a diverse range of people.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Demonstrates adaptability to performing a variety of duties, occasionally changing from one task to another of a different nature with minimal loss of efficiency or composure.
Qualified candidates may email their resumes to email@example.com OR complete the online application (link below).