The Family Place is seeking a Community Engagement Director for our volunteer and in-kind donations program.
Responsible for maintaining an exemplary volunteer program through the use of corporate, individual, religious, academic and community volunteers; manages the Resale Store and solicits in-kind donations for client services and as a source of revenue for the Resale Store.
Resource Development and In-Kind Donations Coordination:
- Solicits corporations for product donations that will directly reduce budgeted expenses.
- Responds to requests for in-kind donations, services and special projects.
- Solicits in-kind donations for Back to School, Christmas, etc.
- Coordinates annual Adopt-a-Family program.
- Solicits in-kind donations for materials for group and corporate projects.
- Coordinates the receipt, distribution and recordkeeping of all donated goods assigned by the VP of Development and coordinates the pick-up of donated items when needed by working with Operations and Thrift Shop staff.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with donors, by tracking, monitoring and acknowledging all goods and services.
- Coordinates and facilitates client donation drives, as needed.
- Establishes annual Volunteer Program Goals, working in coordination with Program Directors.
- Recruits volunteers for Agency programs, special events and service projects; works with Agency staff to coordinate volunteer placements and requests for volunteers.
- Oversee marketing volunteer opportunities to the community, representing the Agency when opportunities arise.
- Conducts interviews, reference checks, and criminal background checks to determine appropriateness of all prospective volunteers, interns and corporate, educational and community groups prior to placement.
- Acts as liaison for volunteers during their placement with Agency programs.
- Maintains updated volunteer job descriptions for all Agency programs and the volunteer database and information systems.
- Plans, Facilitates and Conducts monthly volunteer orientation.
- Develops and maintains current volunteer training materials including training manuals and handbooks, policy information and interview instruments.
- Provides training and educational opportunities for volunteers to Agency programs, which promotes volunteer retention and appreciation.
- Prepares monthly statistics for the agency and submits in a timely manner.
- Submits agency volunteer statistics on a monthly basis.
- Coordinates volunteer recognition throughout the year and annually.
- Conducts periodic volunteer satisfaction surveys.
- Conducts exit interviews when volunteers exit the Agency.
Resale Store Oversight:
- Strategizes sales and marketing plans to drive revenue into the store.
- Supervises and manages store manager(s); prepares and monitors annual goals and performance evaluation.
- Works with Store Manager to ensure an up to-date, standard operating procedures manual is in place.
- Negotiates with suppliers, vendors and donors for procuring donations.
- Allocates budgets and works with the Store Manager to plan the finances of the store.
- Plans and implements new ideas to increase footfall of the store.
- Studies market reports and competitor strategies.
- Consistent communication of agency priorities to management and team members
- Monitors, assesses and reports, on performance within each area including achievement of financial goals, effectiveness of local store marketing, effectiveness of loss prevention programs, achievement of employee staffing and training goals, overall customer satisfaction, maintenance, and other areas of development.
- Works on collaborative projects including but not limited to holiday and special service projects, Jr. League and Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- Conducts speaking engagements during the United Way Campaign.
- Provides public speaking engagements in the private and non-profit sector.
- Participates in Agency fundraising events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, business administration or related degree, and at least 6 months to 3 years experience as a successful volunteer director OR an equivalent level of the knowledge, skills and experience necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position.
Excellent benefits and competitive salary.
Please apply online by clicking on the following link: