Congregation Shearith Israel is a warm, welcoming, and dynamic Conservative synagogue with approximately 1000 families located in the heart of Preston Hollow area of Dallas, Texas. At Shearith, we strive to be a caring, inclusive, sacred community that is committed to providing pathways to enrich our members Jewish lives, elevate their souls and embrace their Judaism.
We are seeking an experienced, full-time communications professional who will manage all aspects of communications, marketing, and social media for our congregation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute marketing/media strategies to promote the synagogue and its services, programs and events to the wider Dallas community
- Effectively communicate services, programs, events and other information to our membership
- Create and contribute to the content and design of print materials including brochures, fliers, ads, announcements, weekly bulletins and bi-monthly newsletters
- Manage/create the design and continued modifications and updates of the synagogue website
- Produce regular e-newsletters and announcements via email to the congregation
- Assist team in writing press releases for local media outlets and establish and maintain contact with those media outlets to maximize coverage
- Design and implement social media communication strategy to include Facebook, Instagram, and other opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications or related area
- Have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a communications role
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Adobe creative suite, esp. InDesign, Microsoft Office, Constant Contact)
- Strong skills with social media (Facebook, etc)
Competitive salary and generous benefits package offered.
To apply, send cover letter, salary history and resume to Kim West at email@example.com.