Communications Coordinator, Marketing and Communications Team
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Direct Reports: None
WORK HOURS: Full-time non-exempt (FLSA) position, 40 hours/week: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Some evening and weekend house may be required.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB: Send your resume, cover letter with salary expectations and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Communications Coordinator supports, implements and coordinates communication and marketing initiatives that help the Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth (RMHFW, the House) position itself in the Fort Worth community as a top-of-mind non-profit for potential guest families, volunteers, donors and Board members. Working for the RMHFW, this team member helps increase the understanding and support of the RMHFW business strategies, goals, brand awareness and key initiatives among the company’s various stakeholder groups. The Communications Coordinator will be part of the marketing team and will participate in executing communication and marketing strategies by writing and editing emails, internal and external news stories, news releases, fact sheets, contributing new ideas to the overall creative process and being a brand ambassador.
- Manage social media channels; actively manage the House’s online reputation
- Write, edit and proofread content for e-newsletters, social media, websites, emails, digital signage, blogs and other communication vehicles as assigned
- Manage the e-newsletter database; tracking new contacts and unsubscribed contacts; working bounce list
- Manage the development and production of communication documents as assigned
- Act as liaison to various RMH departments to provide communication and marketing support and to identify/create opportunities to promote a favorable perception of the organization to internal and external audiences while maintaining the RMH brand
- Assist with other communication and marketing initiatives as needed
- Help with special events; represent the House at off-site speaking engagements; provide tours of the House to visiting groups
- Ensure strategic information and direction obtained from the marketing leadership team and other senior managers are incorporated into communication and marketing initiatives
- Continually track, measure, evaluate and report achievement of communication goals with a focus on recommending and incorporating improvements as appropriate
- Perform other related duties as assigned; handle additional projects as assigned
- Provide communications, grammar and marketing knowledge to other RMH departments as appropriate
- Act as House photographer
- Write and distribute press releases
- Pitch local media to secure media placement
- Knowledge of organizational communication theory and practice
- Working knowledge of electronic and print communication processes including web content management systems
- Knowledge of marketing concepts, principles and integrated marketing communication theory and practice
- Knowledge of public relations tactics
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and knowledge of Associated Press Style Guide
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office experience
- Social media savvy
- Attention to detail and ability to meet multiple deadlines while working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to make independent decisions, demonstrate leadership ability, and build relationships
- Must be comfortable working independently and as a team player
- Preference given to individual with experience in Adobe Creative Cloud products
- Ability to use DSLR camera
- Preference given to individual with SEO knowledge and experience
- 2-4 years experience in a communications/marketing role; demonstrable work at internships may substitute for one year of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English or related discipline required (radio/television/film degree might be considered depending upon other experience)
- Experience in non-profit communications/marketing a plus
WORK CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Limited travel. Some evening or weekend hours may be required.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS: A portfolio of work is required and will be reviewed to qualify for this position.