Are you looking for a cause you can embrace? Join a high-energy team making a difference in the life of at-risk families. Lumin Education’s Development office is searching for a Communications Coordinator. Create supporting strategy for donor and recruiting outreach, including all print, video, social media and photography. Hands-on work in producing twice yearly donor newsletter, e-briefs, photos, overseeing social media and proactive media placement. Write selected grant proposals. Excellent reporting, writing and storytelling skills are essential. This position reports to the Chief Development Officer and requires the ability to thrive in a fast-paced office environment, to multi-task, meet deadlines and goals, and build internal and external relationships. This is a full-time, exempt position with medical benefits.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Act as liaison for outsourced graphic design, photography, social media, videos and other vendor services;
- Help develop annual fund messages, including direct mail, social media campaigns, thank you correspondence
- Manage Lumin’s social media outreach and email outreach to connect with a wide-range of constituents including alumni, volunteers, donors, parents, and staff;
- Proactively seek and respond to media opportunities to favorably position Lumin Education
- Support development effort by writing and editing grant proposals, reports and other written material;
- Manage all recruiting and donor communications needs, including twice-yearly newsletter process, recruitment communications, and various other media.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written; ability to write compelling stories
- Accountable for meeting goals as part of Development and Lumin team: increasing average gift size of supporters, growing donor base, and increasing operating, non-operating and permanent fund gifts and helping to meet recruitment goals
- Interest in non-profit sector and development career;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Passion for the mission;
- Three-five years’ experience in communications position
- Experience with nonprofit organization, preferably in development
- Experience with writing compelling narratives;
- Experience with an educational enterprise or Montessori school, a plus
- Experience managing social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn;
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Experience working with a data base program;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills;
- Detailed oriented;
- Creative and adaptive;
- Ability to persevere
- Customer-service focused;
- Ability to input information accurately;
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required;
- Positive attitude, cheerful demeanor, and sense of humor.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com